Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Ever since the new phase of LI has started, with no news coverage but only individual posts, there have been a slew of posts spanning a wide range. I am not opposing such posts even though I personally don't see the point of many of those. What I'm wondering though is whether for ease of navigation by people who only visit the site to get law school news, or law firm news, or get some genuine queries responded to, there can be a separate section so that they don't have to go through all the rest of the posts. There's nothing wrong with having a section for debates or even gossip for all I care, depending on the demand. Even non-law topics can have a separate section of their own, and so can political debates.
@Moderator: Any chance of that happening?
That's a good idea - we hope to roll out the new commenting software very soon and such feature requests are welcome.

What do you think would work best, as a system? A way of filtering out / hiding sections you don't like, or a way to subscribe / favourite certain sections, so they show up top of your feed?
One thing that can be considered is an effective search tool. There are a lot of useful prior threads in legally india which can be accessed only by some sort of a keyword search on google itself. Maybe moderator can start a system of 'tags', where you tag each post with relevant keywords (eg: "Senior Advocate", "Delhi Crim Lit", "M&A" and so on.
Thank you for your feedback, that's been in the works and should go live soon with the new version!
Just have the following departments:

r/law schools

r/law firms

r/politics

r/culture

You can even merge politics and culture. Then only 3 divisions.
I'd prefer a separate lit/court section. Even though very few people from lit background actually visit this site (in comparison to firm/students).

Also, might as well switch to phpBB and allow users to post w/o accounts, with mandatory moderation. You'll filter the spam, maintain anonymity, have a great framework