Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
From acquaintances and friends in GNLU I have heard a lot of things about this group. Moreover, have seen previous posts on LI, Instagram and Twitter talking about this group. Can anyone from GNLU shed light on this, like what is this group and what is its purpose? V. curious to know.
(LI allow this post to be put up)
Fair warning / transparency: this post and responses will be heavily moderated and may yet be unpublished, since it is at least the third attempt to put up this post, each time under the username purporting to be a student of a different school (that is not GNLU).
GNLU is the most entertaining NLU!! I am not from GNLU but I love reading GNLU threads and posts on social media! One batch writes to the the VC demanding "respect" from a junior batch which doesn't even exist as yet. One batch is steadfastly loyal to Modi, while another batch is so woke that they want to defund the Indian Army. And one batch hates another batch because a guy from that batch "stole" the girlfriend of a guy from their batch. So a guy from batch 1 punched a guy from batch 2 after a football match, to salvage the "honour" of batch 1 after the "gf stealing" incident 🤣🤣🤣
I am also from GNLU ('25 batch). I know our college is entertaining be it coming in the news for Covid or typhoid outbreaks or the '24 making sure that they remain the most selfish and toxic batch across all NLUs. I am just happy that our batch is not even half as toxic as our immediate senior batch, '24 batch. But bro seriously why are we in the news always lol.
Okay just to put a finality to the argument on the Gf-17 from our college, I will be writing this comment, since I am part of that batch only, and how did this group become so infamous.
So basically, the name of this group came from ▮▮▮, where a group of around 10-12 boys used to live together in the first yr. But the main Q is why did this group become so infamous because of alleged toxicity. The answer is simple: even though I am a part of the batch, I can vouch for sure that not only this grp but our batch in general is prob thr most toxic batch ever (the multiple threads by diff sets of people, u see on LI is no coincidence; students leaving the batch mid-way and preferring home to college). The only thing extra this group did was that they created a culture of exclusion in the batch by gossiping on other batchmates w/o any substance. That is the reason why even some good students have a bad reputation in the batch bc fake rumours and things were said and spread about them. That's it.
End of the story. Sorry to have hurt any feelings, but I had to speak the truth here. LI you can close this thread here, end of the answer the OP was looking for.