Read 53 comments as:
Filter By
An admin of an NLU has said: "I will campus dogs captured by dogcatchers". We came for funds for our Animal Welfare Society and he just snapped at us for no reason and made this threat. The dogs in question are sterilised.

Those of us who have seen dogcatchers at work will know the violence involved. They use a metal noose, which is super painful. Most of all, it is illegal. Under the Animal Birth Control Rules, you can't forcibly relocate sterilised dogs. Even if a mere threat was made to us without intent to follow up, it is still inhuman and cruel to make such threats.

Requesting support from the LI community against such dictators. ๐Ÿ†˜๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’š
They said the right thing. Dog lovers have no respect for the peace of others. Will casually allow dogs to sit in the mess and other common STUDENT places. From a clearly logical and scientific perspective street dogs are extremely dirty and may be carriers of diseases. Further, the barking/fighting is disturbing and really hampers the movement of those not comfortable around dogs. The existence of dogs on campuses must definitely be restricted if not fully eliminated.

Asking for money from university funds to take care of such street dogs is clear injustice to the students. You want to take care of dogs, create a small group, pitch in and get going. Let the university funds be used to take care of the humans on campus (which is most cases is anyways unadequate).
Both in terms of hygiene as well as making noise, the boys' hostel residents in all NLUs on an average are more dangerous than any dog can be.
Actually, it is very human to make threats. No animal plans to make threats unless they are also willing to follow up.
Yeah you could try to cancel this dude online. Or you could actually take it as a comment made by a professor who is not sympathetic to your pet project and engage with them more productively.
A dog bit a guard at tier 2 NLU recently. Plus a few instances of threatening behaviour. I think it is fair enough to remove them from campus for the safety of the students and the staff.

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
Its NLUO.

And supporters of Kutta Committee still trying their best to keep dogs on campus.
so what if they are sterilised ? they are still a huge menace
An NLU or any college for that matter is an educational institution with many students, and some also living within the campus for the semesters, with a mess for meals and a library to study.
But seriously, over the past few months, me and many of my friends have been troubled because of the litter they make everywhere and servants refusing to clean it, with them toppling dustbins everywhere right outside the rooms, with them entering the bathrooms, the library, the mess
I think your society normally has the tendency to city animal cruelty etc to care for dogs, but please consult the position from others and listen to their issue as well
A 47-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Many dog bite cases at JGLS. People scared to speak out for fear of being cancelled by the animal-lover gang.
Hated this during my time there. I'm severely immuno compromised and stray dogs, no matter how cute, can be a vector for infections that I could otherwise avoid. Meanwhile some kids would try and sneak dogs into every place they could with no regard for how it could affect others.
If in your entire bigass campus, you cannot avoid dogs, then you should ask for a refund. As for vector, you face comparable danger from the people around you too.
People brush. People aren't vectors. People don't bite. There is no comparable danger from others.
People aren't vectors? Medical science should give you a Nobel for that one.
This should be encouraged at other NLUs too. I'm not too find to live in a zoo. Especially as our nlu has Langurs, cats, dogs n what not infiltrating the campus. Additionally the lousy animal lover gang seem to be soo fond of these dogs that they take them inside the hostel many times. Atleast a strict liability should be imposed on them in case of any untoward incident
Sad to see this turning into an ideological war, with animal lovers being unfairly vilified as woke and entitled. Please understand a few things:

1. Dogs never attack unless provoked. In case of the NLUO guard who was bitten, how do we know that the guard did not provoke the dog? In case of the alleged JGLS dog bites, how do we know that the students did not bully the dogs? Everyday we see thousands of cases of animal cruelty in our college campuses. Just do a simple Google search.

2. This thread was about dogs but someone is now mentioning cats and langurs. LOL. Since when have you heard of cats attacking anyone? They are timing and run away when they see humans. Also, langurs are extremely docile and gentle creatures. The small monkeys are sometimes mischievous, but not langurs. I call BS if you accuse langurs of attacking anyone.

3. May I also remind everyone that we humans are the invaders and not animals. All the land on which NLUs were built was forest land before we humans invaded it. The fault is with us Indians for breeding like crazy and overpopulating the planet. Human overpopulation is the problem, not animal population.
โ€œDoGs NeVer AtTacK UnTil ProVoKedโ€ lmao you just sound ignorant and โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Iโ€™ve personally been attacked and bitten by a stray dog simply while walking down a street. I was 12 back then and had the neighbours not saved me, the rabid swine would have devoured my guts. Keep your fairy tale perspective of the world with yourself and get a reality check.
I've been ill treated by several humans without any reason in my life. You don't see me calling for mass culling.
But these are dogs and those are people. They literally zero legitimacy in that analogy. You are a member of the human species. You don't have a choice in having to interact and live among them. Not the same with dogs.
Given the conflict between Israel and palestine, do you still think humans are superior creatures??? The way people in palestine being treated, do you still have audacity to make comments that 'these are dogs and those are people '? If you still have this view point, then we pitty you!
there are other real ways to be pet friendly. adopt and take life-responsibility for a dog.
by that logic let the humans who sleep in pipes and footpaths come to campus. if human life is less precious than an animal's
then that is fine.
Campuses are big enough for you to avoid dogs and vice versa. Quit whining and study.
Campuses are big, but dogs are all over them, and people need to go all over them too. Are you not stepping outside your hostel room at all?
Not all dogs are dirty and badly behaved. Only street dog breeds are. In my housing society there are golden retrievers and spaniels that are well behaved, but street dog breeds (including those adopted by families) are always dirty and wild. Only well-behaved breeds can be allowed on campus, not street breeds.
Contested - some Desi street dogs are the sweetest dogs in the world who wouldn't harm a fly, whereas some designer breeds can be nasty, no matter how cute or expensive...
That's absurd. I've found most humans to be worse than the street dogs.
Those breeds are all Western breeds. Indians breeds are almost always strays barring a few royal hounds. Point is, Indians look and behave and are like the stray dogs of the human race and we deserve only such dogs. A spaniel or retriever will be adopted even if they end up as a stray. Stop being such a suck-up to the West.
The amount of victim blaming on this thread is maddening.
You got bit- you provoked the dog.
No darling I was just going to my class. Doing takeshi's castle over 10 dogs lying down was not a part of the plan.
Dogs have rights under the LAW. If you have a problem with that, quit LAW school.

Just one dog allegedly bit someone at an an NLU (who we don't know provoked the dog or not) and idiots here are ranting against dogs. What about offences committed by NLU students? Should we lock them up in cages too?
If you are arguing that dogs have statutory rights, then as someone who hopefully goes to law school you should know that statutes are enacted by the people's representatives on a popular majority basis. That is to say, the 'rights' (if any, which there are none of, considering slaughtering and eating animals is legal) that you are ascribing to dogs are only valid insofar as the people are in support of them. If the majority is against, those rights will cease to exist. Con Law 101.
Since you're stuck in con law 101, let me introduce you to a tiny thing called the basic structure.
Street dogs are VILE, especially at night. I was once walking at night and got chased by a pack for no reason. Nearly got bit.
Maybe they think you're vile too, be it daytime or night. I've never in my life been chased by a street dog even when I've been to other localities at night where there are such dogs aplenty. On the other hand, I have felt unsafe around a lot of human beings.
the same argument can be made in the case of rape victims, she was wearing short clothes, and maybe she wanted it. I have never felt unsafe while walking down that same street etc.
counter- you were not wearing short clothes and hence werent molested/ raped/ followed/ assaulted/ beaten up/ kidnapped/ abducted/ drugged/ killed
It's obvious you hate humans, you have reiterated your point many times, however just because you like being surrounded by animals doesn't mean everyone does. If you feel so unsafe then don't go to places where you'll find other humans. Your peers paid a heavy fee to be here and they deserve to enjoy the campus as much as you do. For you dogs are more important than your peers who do not share your love for the canine.

If you feel so passionately start an NGO provide shelter and what not but don't expect others to tolerate something they find problematic. Also if a pet dog bites someone the owner is liable, but the so called โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ animal lovers won't be liable if some stray bites a student. You'll start victim blaming (the student must have hurt him) (I don't suppose you blame a Sexual harassment victim saying... oh but he/she is such a sweet person they never do this you must have provoked them) You'll bring them into hostel mess and library ignoring that their barking affects others and their is hygiene issue as well.
Very true,when I was returning back at night from badminton court ,those mfs to who we gave food,were barking and chasing us.
A 32-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.