Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Some examples:

- The way students protested against injustices by faculty, e.g. V Nagaraj and Shortsgate

- The way students/alumni united and protested to get Sudhir appointed, with an alum even meeting SC judges

- The way alumni are lobbying for exclusive National status for NLSIU and got the BCI to support their claim in the Karnataka HC. Alumni and ASG Vikramjit Banerjee argued in the Karnataka HC that only NLU is a National university, other law schools like NALSAR and NUJS are states ones, which the Karnataka HC upheld. The matter is now before the SC and alumni are similarly arguing for exclusive National status.

- The way alumni are donating in recent years

- The Covid airline evacuation of migrants through the then TATA GC

- In general, the way alumni back each other and the institution ,whether in good times (job market, foreign scholarships etc) or bad (#MeToo scandal involving an alum)

Do we see this unity in the case of other NLUs?
Alum for sure. Not very true any more about students ever since Sudhir has taken over, since the latter rules with an iron fist.
The reason is that NLSIU people are less insecure and people with less insecurities are more prone to unity. They are less insecure because the college is #1.
LOL. Yeah, they were so secure about their status that they were insecure enough to argue before the Karnataka HC that only they deserve to be a non-domicile NLU while all the other NLUs should have such a quota, despite them being a creature of Karnataka state legislation. I also remember their VC's new expansion plan taking their whole alumni community by surprise, too. Their unity is truly too much to handle.
I also remember their VC's new expansion plan taking their whole alumni community by surprise, too.

This is patently untrue. You are just pulling that right out of your ass aren't you?
Sudhir as VC had conducted well attended online Alumni presentations where he discussed his expansion plans in detail. He was open to opinions as well.

Just saying fake shit doesn't make it true. Jobless troll.
That seemed to have hit hard somewhere. You're telling me that the alumni suddenly signed off on having a domicile quota that they had challenged in the High Court less than a year back?

He had held all these presentations only after getting the Plan passed by the GC, as per my sources. So even if people resisted, it wasn't going to change much then. With all due respect, I don't really care for NLS enough to troll about it and I also don't think it's nearly as special or unique as guys like you think it is. It's just older than the rest.
You were caught in a lie and now you are just saying you don't care repeatedly.

If you genuinely didn't care, you wouldn't be spending time on boards like this spreading patent lies. And you definitely wouldn't have spent time writing about how much you didn't care in response to a comment. That takes effort.

The VC doesn't need to get alumni approval for every single decision he makes. I don't need to support everything he does. The alumni isn't a monolith. Only plain idiots will talk as though they are.

But you don't really care about that? You don't do you? You don't care at all.
I know you want to think I care but no, I really don't care. Although it is fun to get you irked so I'll continue responding. I was merely replying to the troll who was claiming that NLS folks are very self-secure and so "more united". I distinctly remember a desperate attempt by one NLS alum, who's deeply involved with the alumni community, to get a stay on the domicile reservation before the SC after the VC created his plan, and the SC refused a stay.

And you've actually been caught with your pants down after saying that the alumni approved the expansion plan, and you're now backtracking saying that VC doesn't need to get their approval. And you're calling me a lair? Lol. He also pulled the NLAT out of the blue, didn't he? And an alum himself argued against it before the SC. Grow up, kid. Neither you nor your institution are as great or important as you believe you are. Just a mere state-level university trying to stand out because it's older than the rest.