Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
How common it's for tier 1 and tier 2 law firms to demote someone coming from a mid sized law firm which isn't a ranked firm.
I'm working as a Senior Associate with a law firm and seeking a job in top tier law firms. I just became and SA and I believe I'm quite good in what I do. I wonder if I'll be demoted at Tier 1 firms and will be asked to do filings
I worked as an A3 at a Tier 3 firm in Mumbai. Shifted to a Tier 1, but my previous 3 + years of experience were discounted. Had the same salary a fresher would get in a Tier 1. But still worth the efforts and demotion.
Side question:

2020 Grad here. What happens if I work in a boutique firm but happen to earn retainer at par with A1 in a T1 firm? Is the experience still discounted? Any tips to negotiate A2 scale during a lateral switch?
Depends on the firm you're switching to. Can say for Trilegal that you can easily negotiate your way through an A2 position, given that you can convince and demonstrate to your partner that your experience has substance.
Depends upon the firm you are currently working. If it is a firm like S&R, TTA or Touchstone/Quillon, there won't be any discounting. However can't say the same for firms like Resolut, Lexygen etc.
Not uncommon.
Personally know for a fact that an MA from Luthra having 7+ PQE moved to trilegal and was offered Senior Associate in the competition team.
Because Luthra's competition was altogether a different firm in itself with low pay.. no one can dare to discount luthra corp associated..they are best in the game