Read 47 comments as:
Filter By
This was so many years ago, no one actually cares apart from super-fans of Sadhguru who won't drop the issue. I can guarantee you, Leo DiCaprio, Will Smith and all those other people you list certainly don't care and have never heard of Nalsar, and Sadhguru (if he really is a moderately enlightened being) probably doesn't care very much either - the guy is doing rather well on his global godman circuit withour your or Nalsar's help :)

[Also, you're a troll and are not actually interested in a real debate but are either: unsuccessfully trolling Nalsarites, trolling co-called "Nalsar Joe", trolling the LI mods, or shilling for Sadhguru. You are free to prove us wrong with bona fide engagement to our post, as we bona fide engaged with you, but in the absence of such proof, future Nalsar-๐Ÿ˜ญ-Sadhguru posts will not be published.]
What kind of โ€œmoderationโ€ is this?! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคญ giving views everywhere
Does Sadhguru care? If he is such a great man, he would not be wasting his time on such petty shit. So why are his followers unable to let this go?
So called sadguru is busy with his ideas of spirituality and business of course
I've had a chance to meet the guy in the video and he told me he didn't regret it. He was just having a laugh with his friends.
No one from NALSAR will admit it but I think they regret it. More people came to know of NALSAR after the Sadhguru incident and the entire charade definitely painted them in a poor light. Can anyone imagine students from IITs or IIMs behaving like that?

Just look at the comments on YouTube about the argumentative skills displayed by Nalsar Joe. Definitely it caused a big dent to their perception as is visible by the drop in the NIRF rank perception.
"Nalsar Joe" is weeping about your opinions of him and is drying his eyes with his โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ training contract.

Also fyi, no one cares about nirf. IITK is/was highly ranked as a law college, which is all you need to know about the legitimacy of the same.
It would be for Joe's own good if he did weep and reflect upon his behaviour. Maybe you guys at NALSAR have some glorification of going to London for a job (the usual Indian inferiority complex to a white man's country), but I don't share the same sentiment.

Also, the whole "no one cares about NIRF" is an old excuse and a bit hypocritical considering how widely publicised the rankings are. Hell, even on this website, the NIRF threads have the most comments. If no one cared about it, it would be like any other pointless magazine ranking that gets no attention. People want their college to get ranked high and are bitter about it when it doesn't and then they go through the 4 stages of grief. Do some self-introspection for your own good.
Isn't being a fan of Sadhguru playing into the same inferiority? Most Indians like him because of his well-spoken English and charm. If you actually listened to anything he says outside this, he says women should only be mothers (which also encourages SO MANY others to think like this. Very scary to read the comments under such videos if you happen to be a woman who does not think birthing others is the sole reason for her existence) and a ton of other things that you would obviously prefer to ignore because you are too busy caring about nirf. It is for these backward statements that I, being from nalsar, still do not regret the "incident" with that scam artist.

Fyi, the London training contract is not to show that he moved abroad. The vacation scheme process to get a training contract is so rigorous that only 4-6 Indians out of everyone in India gets selected (unlike Indian T1s, which basically mass recruit). I'd say that speaks volumes about his argumentation skills, wouldn't you? (As opposed to the argumentation skills of someone who uses the publicity that rankings get on a random website to vouch for it's reliability and ignores the statement about IIT-K made above.)
Your assumption that I'm actually impressed by or am a fan of Sadhguru is laughable but incorrect. The guy spouts a lot of nonsense and I never justified what he said, but Joe's attempt to take him down was a big flop. It was merely a rude and crass attempt to make fun of the guy which failed miserably โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. You can still be proud of that, like I said, I didn't expect anyone from NALSAR to admit it.

The training contract thing is overrated, sorry. Being from a Tier-1 myself, I know enough peers of mine who got the TCs. You don't need to display some amazing argumentative skills to get one. They are more interested in your grades and academic performance and they have the luxury of choosing the top rankers because they know London is an attractive destination for most Indians since India isn't going to be a developed nation anytime soon. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
Theyโ€™re foreign firms, buddy. Why would they mass hire from India when India doesnโ€™t allow foreign law firms to work here? If they do mass hires at all, itโ€™ll be from the UK itself. And they can afford to be picky because they know that most Indians would love to move abroad to London for a better quality of life (if youโ€™re alright with the patronising stereotypes and the not so occasional instances of racism).

How does that even correlate to Joe and Sadhguruโ€™s argument anyway? That if you get a vac scheme, then your lack of argumentative logic in another context is excusable?
Bro if London pays me more money and a better life, imma go there. It's not about inferiority/superiority. It's about wanting a better life for myself.
Lol, didnโ€™t the guy/girl commentator from NALSAR just try and justify Joeโ€™s behaviour by saying he has a London TC so he can do what he likes? It is being seen as a feeling of superiority by people at NALSAR which justifies him being arrogant in an entirely different context.

I donโ€™t personally care about whether is someone moving abroad or not, theyโ€™ll have their own reasons, but the childish attempts by people from NALSAR to use that as a reason to prove that Joe be given a free pass from criticism for his behaviour is quite pathetic.
Again, since you seem to have missed the above comment, it was directly in reference to his argumentation skills and getting selected over all other Indian applicants and not about superiority/inferiority. Man, so much judgment about argumentative skills from someone who ignores context.
We really don't give a flying f*ckkkk about what it did to "our image" - our work inside and outside the classrooms, with our teachers, the staff, and with our peers speaks much much more than any fake old ugly beard uncle and his followers do. If you do really go to NALSAR, I hope you get this "paint" out of your head and focus in class
In hindsight, we should have thrown eggs or tomatoes at Jaggi. I regret not having done so. He has only grown worse over the years. Now let the Bhakt downvoting begin! By the way, we don't need the infamy that association with Jaggi brings. Far better off without that.
Mr "Joe" (not his real name but a result of mishearing by people) attacked Sadhguru's capitalism and the BJP, but now works as a financial lawyer in London. I would like to know whether he would express the same views if Adani and Ambani came to him for advice. Just asking.

Bottomline: Kids, don't take politics and ideology too seriously in college. You will change after you encounter the real world. Have fun in college, that's all.
Sadhguru was derided not because he was a capitalist, but because he spouted nonsense. Get your facts straight.
This moderator seriously marked this thread bare โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ comment as "featured"? Shows the bias of this woke fool's mediocre moderation skills.

If anything, all the Nalsar folks were triggered so easily when they couldn't argue against Sadhguru better. It wouldn't have even been hard considering that Sadhguru talks crap but Nalsar โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Instead, they're now known for being an Internet meme.
Not sure - Sadhguru is quite eloquent, a good debater and a slippery fellow, and it's probably not his first Rodeo at shutting down criticism effectively. Even if Nalsarites had brought their A Game, it wouldn't have been easy to show up Sadhguru...
I was the moderator. I am currently busy dealing with some exigencies, and therefore cannot elaborate.

I did not sleep the night before, and that was a mistake, because it resulted in a sub-optimal performance from my end. I did control both the pro, and anti-Sadhguru crowd enough. Not sleeping was one of my biggest mistakes, that I will take my grave. Not a day goes by, when I don't wish, I could rewind time, and just sleep the night before. I was almost unconscious, I was so sleepy. I could have (POLITELY!) pushed him, on the incorrect statements he made. His rubbish justification of spending 3600 crores, on statues, and the comparison he drew with alcohol consumption was brain dead stupid. There were many contradictions, and red flags in his views, which I did not push, as much as I would have liked. Of course, I was constrained by two โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ moderators on my right, and left (I was in the center). I regret, not controlling the audience.

There are those at Nalsar who say that the entire Sadhguru episode is evidence of the fact that he should not have been invited in the first place, I disagree. Put simply, in a democracy, the more popular side wins. How will the Left garner support, if it cannot politely engage, and expose the inconsistencies in the statements of charlatans such as Sadhguru? It cannot ! We need to learn to engage. But we were to focused on acting "smart" which alienated even the moderate crowd. In my private conversations with 'Joe' I have always expressed my regret at controlling his unwarranted comments. He should have controlled himself better.

There are lot of red flags about Sadhguru, such as him denying his in-laws the opportunity to EVEN SEE, his wife's dead body, his soft support for the BJP, the pseudo scientific statements he makes, and so on. But, I should have slept, and engaged with him more incisively (and politely). I knew I had the intellectual capacity to expose his political and anti-science side. A day does not go by, when I wish I could turn back time.

Sadhguru, is a selfish pro BJP egomaniac, but I could have politely engaged, with him, and more importantly, ensured that the audience also politely engaged with him. Us, letting our emotions get the better of us, was a mistake which caused harm to our own side. There were excellent critiques to be made
Hi, thanks for your fascinating comment and insight. We have removed your name from the post for now - if you happen to see this, please send us a quick email at contact@legallyindia.com to confirm it was you who actually posted this comment and we can reinstate your name.
Atleast you have the self-awareness to accept and learn from your mistakes and that is admirable. Unfortunately, many of the comments from Nalsarites above continue to defend Joe's obnoxious behaviour which reflected poorly on the entire institution.
I am fully ready to throw tomatoes at you too for assuming that an individual's conduct reflects on the whole institution. By that logic, the PM's regular jumla makes you look bad as an Indian.
The response itself wasn't trollish, but we were late in moderating, but the report of this post by the poster told the moderator to 'burn in hell' and do other things for not moderating it, so that does indicate the intent behind the post was clearly trollish, sorry. Maybe we should not even be publishing it...
Sorry, I meant, that "I didn't control the pro and anti-Sadhguru crowd enough"
And I meant "I have always expressed my regret at ME being unable to control Joe's unwarranted comments"
Were you really the moderator for the event? โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ You are supposed to be neutral as a moderator.

Also, โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ but Sadhguru was your guest and it is basic decency to treat a guest politely, instead of heckling him. Especially a guest who is so much elder to you.
By that logic, unless you're called for debate by a neutral party, you can't criticize anyone.
See thatโ€™s the arrogant thing though. I agree that we must engage with even unsavoury scamsters in the spirit of democracy and open deliberation.

But you clearly did not prep enough. You did not do your research, you did not watch enough videos, you did not talk to real people who could give you information, and youโ€™re telling us you didnโ€™t sleep. The failing here isnโ€™t just that you had a bad day because you were running on low sleep. The failing here is not recognising that even if your opponent has undoubtedly been and continues to be immoral, he is good at lying and obfuscating and manipulating data to make himself look good. Not taking seriously enough that someone else can be just as smart or smarter than you is a failing. Hopefully since youโ€™ve graduated you have learnt that it takes more than โ€œsmartsโ€ to win. It takes work and effort.

I donโ€™t think the students should regret that they โ€œdisrespectedโ€ him whatever that means. I donโ€™t think they were disrespectful at all. they were perfectly civil if a little dismissive and cocky. Itโ€™s not disrespect to not immediately fall at every old guy with a beards feet. I do think students behaviour betrayed immaturity in this episode.

The world is full of all sorts of people . And while you and I may not be that religious if we ever hope to actually win the moral fight, we canโ€™t dismiss people who are religious or be smug toward them. We must engage with them seriously.

And it s fine when itโ€™s in the university space- students are supposed to be immature, their brains are still developing. But when you allow a conman the right to record and manipulate your conversation - youโ€™ve essentially given him all he came for. And so many people now think nalsar students are arrogant out of touch idiots because of this. And you squandered an opportunity to actually do some good.
You are correct. I squandered the opportunity. I will not squander opportunities in the future.
A 25-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 109-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 96-word comment posted 3 days ago was not published.