Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Over the past year, This team mainly did mainly arbitration related litigation and commercial litigation. The IA practice was active but not the money churner for the team. Rishab’s team was seen more in courts than arbitrary tribunals. Rishab’s shift to counsel practice is also on this count.

The team has 2 new partners - Bikram Chaudhuri and Shreya Gupta. The team is quite top heavy with 4 PAs, 3 SAs and 4 Associates.

As to the IA practice growing and the team recruiting, it will depend on the 2 new partners. The current work is what has been left behind by Rishab.
I understand Rishab will continue to work closely with SAM. See the kind of glowing comments SAM Managing Partners gave on his departure. As for international arbitration practice, it will depend on how much support the team gets from the firm.
Rishab, while has great antecedents, did not generate much sophisticated/complex IA work ▮▮▮ None of the new partners (or the SAs/PAs, for that matter) have the required international exposure to generate work by themselves or to go beyond typical co-counsel work that Indian firms do alongside int'l firms in true IA. But the firm has one of India's oldest and deepest IA practices, fwitw. The team will push on along the same trajectory it has been tracking all these years. Re glowing comments: makes sense, given where he is going to -- a prestigious barrister set -- he is bound to refer work to them given that IA work needs large teams and one person cannot take a case to the finishline on their own steam. Bottomline, Rishab's portfolio was not financially significant for the team, so his departure does not change much.
What does it mean that he has joined Twenty Essex as a tenant? What's the difference between a door tenant and tenant?
I have had numerous internships, particularly in Tier-I law firms, where I encountered Rishab's team consisting of incredibly toxic and arrogant individuals. While Rishab and Kartikey stood out as a positive and informal team members, the ▮▮▮ were consistently rude and condescending. Their comments such as "you are wasting my time," "How can you even call me," "There are countless interns like you," and "No one asks such basic questions" were deeply demoralizing. I often questioned why I was dedicating my time and efforts to these individuals. In one instance, a ▮▮▮ from their team, who has since relocated to ▮▮▮, directed ▮▮▮ frustration towards me when I submitted my work five minutes past the deadline. Despite my sincere efforts to deliver presentable work, ▮▮▮ berated me, exclaiming, "I need to close my laptop and sleep, yet you are taking an excessive amount of time!" This incident took place late in the evening, around 10-11 PM, while I was working remotely.

Furthermore, a former ▮▮▮ or ▮▮▮ who also left the firm once remarked that I should redo three days' worth of work within a single hour. ▮▮▮ also questioned my suitability for the team, emphasizing that it is a leading team in the entire country and there are numerous individuals more capable than myself, whom they could easily hire. The ▮▮▮, who holds degrees from prestigious institutions like ▮▮▮ and ▮▮▮, has unfortunately proven to be the most discourteous individual I have encountered within the law firm. In a highly unpleasant manner, ▮▮▮ informed me that they cannot consider me for recruitment. Moreover, while ▮▮▮ can freely contact me and assign tasks at any time, I am not permitted to reach out to ▮▮▮ during regular business hours to seek clarifications, as ▮▮▮ tirelessly attends to client matters, fearing potential oversight. Despite having high expectations based on ▮▮▮ impressive credentials, ▮▮▮ behavior as a person is exceedingly toxic, lacking basic manners. It is important for these individuals to bear in mind that they are interacting with someone significantly younger, who is earnestly striving to collaborate with them. As law interns, we hold them in high regard, yet they fail to reciprocate that respect.
If you see members of the team, they have been associated with the same team for a long period of time. This implies something positive about the team, as associates/SAs/PAs have not switched to any other firm.