Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
how is live law to work in? Are the people good? How is Dinesh PV?
and how much do they pay for an article? is there a pay difference when a student writes v. a lawyer/professional writes?
A 97-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
FYI, the unpublished response to this was pure troll and contained nothing useful unfortunately. Still hoping / bumping for genuine responses.
I was recently trying to hire a writer from livelaw, here is what I found while interviewing:

Clarification: never worked there and I do occasionally run ads there. This is an outside perspective.

1. They offer remote work and very good pay compared to most litigators and small law firms. Fast salary growth.

2. Most people don't want to leave livelaw even for a substantial pay hike which probably says a lot about their culture

3. They hire a lot of people in small towns, so attract a lot of very talented people who don’t have big city options. We also do that and occasionally found livelaw making offers to the same talent, matching us or offering better

I didn’t expect this because I was of the opinion that they probably don’t make much money. But it appears they do pretty well.
any idea how much do they pay their writers for an article (coloumns to be precise)? freelance and full time
any approx will be of great help!

any pay difference for students or professionals
any lead will be v helpful
I think they pay you about 300 per article at entry level. Experienced writers with good track record can earn more.
They don’t pay for articles as they receive hundreds of article everyday from senior advocates, students and academicians around the world. The volume of articles they receive is so high that they have hired people just to read and review these articles.
they do pay, i had a word with the chief editor and he asked me for my quote
please dont say without any backing
Overall a good place to work. Both the founders are very ethical, true feminists and are good beings. If you are in Delhi, you will get to interact with PV Dinesh more. He is an AOR and also the Co-founder actively involved in LiveLaw. Salaries offered are good, way better than other organisations. They offer remote working options and promote young lawyers working in smaller towns.

I need not take names as everyone’s aware that one of the ex employees of livelaw have made it really big in the industry and is at a top position in a top law firm at a very young age. Another young ex employee has become a household name with her current stint in a leading media organisation.

Hope this information helps.
The pay at LiveLaw was initially only reasonable but has now become quite competitive and rewarding. This does not mean it's easy money. There's plenty of work to be done on most days, but they are usually generous when you need some time off either for your physical or mental health. The team is fun to work with, and the seniors are understanding and considerate. When you work at LiveLaw, you work with a contemporary, welcoming and an honest media portal. I'd like to add that the learning curve LiveLaw is outstanding - your legal knowledge expands exponentially apart from regularly engaging with some of the best lawyers in the country. It's a rewarding experience at its best.
A 8-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.