Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
1. Most of the contributors here are associated with law firms. What happens when one of your personal Aquaintences seek your legal advice and the matter is fit enough to be taken to court? The law firms you're attached with, are they in a position to ask you not to do so?

2. I understand time is the primary issue here, but is there anything else stopping you all?
Bump !

And follow up question - how do you build up your own clientele while being an Associate/S.A. in a Law Firm ? Especially if your immediate circle of friends and relatives don't have businesses and are not the kind to get embroiled in a litigation easily.
Something like insider trading, its not a problem unless you re caught
Don't worry about ethics, the conditions we are made to serve our bosses and then the pay, makes even insider trading ethical
How is it like insider trading? I'm not able to understand why one can't represent some unrelated clients. They don't have to be 1000cr empires. It could be a small cause appearance or police court matter. I'm surprised no one in the thread is even expressing regret for not being able to do so
What? Do you think you will have that kind of time ? I admire your perspective on law firms. It will suck last drop of blood out of you.
Can you not take occasional sick leaves and go on with your personal work?