Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
24-hour take-home exams/essays have always been a part of NALSAR's curriculum, with most visiting faculty preferring this method. Mandatories are all offline, however. I don't see why or how this is related to the question asked
Naah for 1/2/3 years all are mandatory offline exams.
Some electives have the option of 24 hour format.
NLU Nagpur is... they've adopted a completely paperless examination policy, so all exams henceforth will only be conducted in the online format. Students basically have to write the exams from their hostel rooms or anywhere in the University campus within the allotted time. There are strict plagiarism checks happening though and results have been withheld for >20% similarity!
Assuming the exams are also open book, that does not make any sense at all. If two people have the liberty of copying from the same source, then the rules are allowing for similarity. They are writing answers to the same question, not coming up with thesis on different topics! Who even comes up with these schemes?
Sigh. You’re not supposed to copy anything from any source in an open book exam. The exam questions should be designed to ask for your analysis and argument- and that is what you are evaluated on.

Law students talking about how they should be evaluated is freaking hilarious. It’s obvious they don’t understand anything of pedagogy or even the material they should be mastering. They’re simply and quite badly trying to find loopholes to get away with not doing the work. If only they’d expend half of all this energy actually reading the materials. Smh.
Online, no. Nothing specific about open book or closed book exams. Nothing specifically mentioned about take home exams either. But with the government pushing for online education these days, BCI will probably turn a blind eye to all of these.
no never and should never happen
online exams are the worst schemes ever when professors don't know or simply don't care to frame non booking and actually analytical questions like in the west, where open book is practise
I swear, just looking at the endsem questions last week, I was concerned for the entire legal system
I am concerned about your use of English. What is "non-booking" exactly?