Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
I just have a doubt, I am a Science Graduate and joined 3 year law course in a normal college,in order to get good employment opportunities, is it ok to prepare for Company Secretary Executive ??? I am also having interest in the field of IPR also,so I am bit confused ???
Pursue IPR as your BSC (I am guessing that you are BSC) will be more useful and you can use it for your advantage, while internships will be a good way for to gain experience, but do try researching on upcoming issues and write papers to showcase your knowledge of science.. CS on the other hand is a different stream altogether and most likely will not have a co-relation with your BSC...
Dont. Did the same thing. Became a Patent agent and did 4 IPR internships only to realize IPR os hell boring and law has so much better to offer. Dont waste time in IPR. You can do CS but trust me it'll take a lot of time. It'll definitely help you clear base in all corp law subjects infact will make you a pro at it because it's CS modules are in way depth and exhaustive. You cant get more information from any other source. But it'll be difficult. It's gonna take a lot of time and wont help from hiring point of view. Instead do corp internships.
Will not be useful considering the fact that CS people are not generally hired by tier 1 law firms.
you have to be extraordinary person ,in fact vaidhyanadhan iyer of azb is also cs,who is not from any nlu,in fact there are lot many people in sam,cam,jsa who are cs+llb.
everything cannot be blamed just because of degree,it depends from person to person.
senior associate/senior partner of L&L is also member of icsi committee.

please stop spreading hate.
The CS training does give you a good handle of companuy law, not sure how valuable the qualification is.
There is no money in IPR and the work is too is boring, no one realizes this in Law school