Read 37 comments as:
Filter By
I am sure you all must have already read the new threat email from CSS for increasing fine on this timesheets and taking action against lawyers for timesheets.

I am supporting the defaulters here but just expressing that the rough language used in such threat emails is very shocking. What do you think?
aisa hi hai voh .. Saturday morning he emails .. on holidays ... jobless aadmi
He keeps himself free just so that he can whip his slaves now and then...that my dear friends is the saturday emails you get when the master CSS wants to feel the kick of power from pushing his slaves around. So long cam suckers....you deserve it if you choose to stay at such a place...
hey, that's not fair. he would say "bacche" before every sentence, and crack the same joke about his wife/marriage before asking JenGod to send the email.
What are the measures that are taken by law firms for this? I know of law firms wherein they impose monetary penalty (i.e. a monetary fine per lapse, which is deducted from the monthly salary)..
CAM already has a fine of inr 10k but they want to increase the fine.
KCO retains 20 percent of the monthly salary if you default in weekly timesheets and if still by end of the month it’s not cured, then the 80 percent is withheld and is credited next month when it is cured.
Because the fine maybe worse at Khautan but overall Khaitan more tolerable and less draconian than CAM ....ha ha ha
Cannot say about tolerable. Heard that they have had the highest attrition this year and most of the seniors have quit after getting frustrated with the firm and the partners.
So is it just retained and paid later or do they just keep your salary and don't release it at all?
He is giving sponsorship donation to Oxfird in "giving" spirit, so he will loot from somewhere to make up that amount.What you thought....he is "giving" fromhos own pockets..
.ha ha
I joined the firm not too many months back. Became sure that I will eventually move and that this isn't the place for me, after reading that email.
Why all this pretense in CAM......timesheet, fine.....everyone knows what it is.Let CSS take a cut from your salaries for being God or a GST like authority
I thought CSS was some NGO or a stylesheet for websites. It took me a minute to figure out who you were referring to. Sigh.
A 46-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
In this Era of Flexi Work Module if you are still running behind timesheets then you clearly don't trust your people. Which in turn will make you lose people. Unless that is the motive..
Just to show that one is busy can fill in anything in the timesheets. I mean there are a alot of ways. But forcing people like this is no way .. in the end people do not leave firms but people leave people.
So love your people and trust them and they will earn you in multiples.

Thoda to chill Karo yaar..
Well clearly the family trust's no one. Goes on to say publicly that WFH is not the most appropriate way to work.
That's because the family doesn't trust the family itself.Remember how CSS mother leht him out will?since the he does not trust most ppl
The primary purpose of timesheets is not to see who has done how much but to account for firm time and raise bills. People not filling timesheets on time leads to massive delays in billing which is why firms try to cut down on it.
So should the response for compliance be sending firm wide threat emails in really lofty language by Managing Partner? I think the purpose of the post is that is threatening your lawyers a solution to timesheet issues?
And pray tell what your solution to get them to comply is? I hate filling timesheets as much as the next associate, but I'm old enough to understand the role it plays in being able to bill (and overbill!!) clients on a timely basis. Folks who are complaining need to realize that they get paid when the firm realizes invoices and that only happens when timesheets are filled and billed out. I work at a Firm where no heed is paid to this by most Associates and only when the Firm took a hard stance of withholding amounts did some compliance come about. There are still those who are happy to work on a monthly basis at 80% of their salaries without wanting the balance 20% and hence it has now become a deduction rather than a withholding alone. That is finally getting some of the serial defaulters to start filling them weekly.
this is the big mans kick in pushing his slaves around, timesheets is just ana excuse.of it wasnt this it would be something else
Can someone please share the email content here. Want to see how lofty can it be
Don't blame me for the syntax or writing - this is all the big man's work:

"Despite the fine system , there are huge defaults in entering time sheets . Or entering them in some general accounts as a parking

The coos will do an assessment of the chronic defaulters and give me by Tuesday.

Since the fine system is not being respected, I have instructed rajesh pai to lock the e mail ids of chronic defaulters wef October 10

One days final notice will be given on 8 th for those who have not remedied by then

there will be no further intimidation

Once locked , the account will be opened only after the time sheet arrears are zero

I also expect that entries will be made properly as these will be checked . Rubbish entries will be rejected

Separately, we will be increasing the fines to have real compliance

Cyril"
Why give CSS all credit for what Jiya Ben has created a master sweatshop for decades. AZB cuts salary for late entry into office half day if you are 5 mins late and timesheet lockouts result in pay cut , reduced bonus and many insults sometimes on the PA system, CSS is much more mild and civil
CSS- mild? CSS- civil? Really, Have you lost your mind or is it that Jiya ben is yr boss so even the devil seems mild to you
A 12-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 38-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 76-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.