Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
5 students- one boy and one girl from 3rd year, one girl each from 1st and 2nd year and 1 LLM student have come out positive today.

The strength of the classes have gone below 50% as students falling sick stay back in their rooms, and more and more ppl continue sneezing and coughing throughout the classes. The efforts to get students tested for their safety and as a precautionary measure due to the sudden spike in the students falling ill have fallen on deaf ears as the Registrar has prevented the doctor from starting Rapid Antigen on campus.
As a result of which, students have been forced to travel outside the campus and pay in private clinic for getting tested. 7 ppl have got themselves tested out of which 5 r positive, a big warning sign of a potentially big outbreak before it's too late.

Let's not make the same mistake jo 2nd wave aur April mein kiya tha, when evryone was telling, 'covid khatam ho gaya', 'learn to live with Covid'. Bhai in both these instances (for gnlu), 2nd wave was the worst for GNLU and the April outbreak also saw multiple ppl falling sick big time.

The University is living in denial which is the worst thing to be done here. Just as a precautionary step, pls pls pls start voluntary testing (not even compulsory) on campus, ppl "" can't go outside everyday""" to pvt hospitals to get tested, before it gets too late and we face another unstoppable Covid outbreak in campus like thr last time. Let's not repeat the mistakes we made last time in April. There r already 5 +ve cases out of 7, let's not ignore the warning sign.
A 28-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Keep your mouth shut. There have been deaths at GNLU, NLSIU, NLUJ and JGLS because of Covid.
There were no covid related deaths in any of these colleges if you have any proof or new articles put it down here.
Listen to me. In all these 3 colleges including GNLU, there have been "Covid-related" deaths during the 2nd wave. Both Professors as well as a couple of students have succumbed to Covid. If you don't know anything kindly don't type these comments. As it is your comment is even more irrelevant than you r buddy. Take a chill pill junior.
Do you even know how long ago second wave was? Universities can’t stop functioning cause second wave or covid happened a long time ago.
21 year old and younger people died in JGU, I knew one of them. It happened during the 2nd wave, if you do not know then please don't out yourself as an ignorant idiot
How the hell is this contested? Does LI expect me to name the profs and students who died? I can do so but it looks disrespectful.
It'not only you and but most of the 3rd years are unaware of 2 ppl testing +ve from their batch. Dude are you not even aware of your batchmates testing positive. What world are you living in dude?
Is there a difference in how severe the variant is or no?

Look I mean universities across the world have opened up now. Hardly any are still doing online. Part of the reason is if you get your vaccine shots and you get your booster , you won’t die. Your illness will likely be mild. Other part of the reason is the current variant seems to be quite mild. A passing cold and fever that resolves itself in a few days without hospital stay even.

Universities can’t keep shut because there are still uncured illnesses out there. That’s a ridiculous ask.

And 5/7 is misleading cause it connotes a percentage. This isn’t a percentage. Likely 7 students exhibited symptoms or wanted testing and 5 of them had positive results.

Either you have health anxiety you need to get under control. Or you’re fighting a losing battle for lowered university standards by going online. Either way this seems like a you problem.
The 5/7 students ratio was provided just to show the extent of how fast the virus has spread in the campus of GNLU, and serve as a warning about a potential Covid outbreak in the near future within the campus. And don't get me on the number of ppl who have died after taking the vaccine shot. Ppl have died and many are still being hospitalised by Covid even after being fully vaccinated.
And buddy its' not about dying, student don't need to live in a constant state of fear of getting positive inside an university campus, or jeopardise their health for no reason.
Coming to why only 7 ppl have tested so far, it is because the Registrar has blocked the efforts to bring start testing inside the campus, and students have to book cabs and go to far-away private clinics just to get tested. If mass testing starts today, I bet more than 250+ cases would be there on campus.
Are students living in constant fear of getting the common cold? What about the headache?

If it’s not fatal. If in most cases after vaccination this current variant is best described as mild. Then you can’t expect extraordinary circumstances to continue.

It’s not the number of people who have died after vaccine shot- it’s the percentage of people who had the vaccine who had to be hospitalised or worse that matters. You don’t use numbers this way. People can see through it. 5/7 doesn’t show how fast the virus spreads or whatever. It was just misleading.

What is special about GNLU?

Why are all other NLUs able to function properly going back to offline but y’all keep posting here every few days? Get a grip. If you have health related anxiety talk to a therapist. But no one else is buying this tbh.
The Omicron strain going around may not be fatal for normal people but is not so mild. I had it last month. I was so tired I could barely get up and my throat was hurting a lot. The fatigue lasted for many days. It is absolutely NOT like the flu. We also don't know what long-term effects Covid will have on those who survived the infection.
I am also positive, I got myself tested and informed the authorities but they are not even disclosing it out so that other can take precautions.
Can you provide your details, like which batch, gender and when you tested positive? I will ensure that positive cases are not brushed inside the carpet.
We should get everybody tested, more than 50% of the campus would surely be positive. Our lives is at risk yr
Adm is not sensitive to students. Juniors teachers are dean and heads without experience. Registrar is junior most teacher has not experience how he can handle the situation. Hostel and mess in pathetic state now. No fund for moots conference. staff is working for maritime university and busy in making money from that. favours in placement..no senior professors ..afterall we pay big fees...whats going on GNLU..
Hi, it's been 8 months or so since this feed began but, a couple of people were tested tested positive for covid-19 right before the exams and the first thing the wardens told them was not to let anyone else know. The faculty wardens were not at all responsive nor did they even visit the hostel. And on top of all that many fell sick due to typhoid and suffered from diarrhoea right before the exams. It really speaks of the state of affairs at gnlu. We all want to study at an nlu which would utilise it's funds properly not saying that we deserve a campus such as that of jgls but bhai when we work so hard to Crack clat and pays such fees, we ought to get quality facilities and responsive faculty members after all, gnlu is not a free service and the faculty let all the wardens are not being paid in peanuts. Hopefully some superior authority would notice these issues.
Is baar college band ho gya to Shanthakumar ki naukri chali jayegiπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Bro, nobody's naukri would go. Instead if adequate steps are taken like temporarily closing down the University until the situation improves, the concern shown by the admin would be tremendously appreciated. Prof S. Shanthakumar is doing a fantastic job at GNLU, and he is surely going to go re-elected.
Garba naachte samay Covid nhi hota, IIM-A, NIFT NID me jaakar bhi garba naachte time covid nhi hota. The real issue is that end sems are round the corner, Sabko online exams deke acche no se pass hona hai
Can those who have tested positive please publicly disclose the same if admin won't. For the sake of others around.
At GNLU it is impossible to build consensus on anything. The most divided NLU of all. Politics everywhere, backstabbing everywhere.. Best to just shun everything and everyone here. Make friends elsewhere, or just chat with your old school friends who are in different cities. You can never have a true friend at GNLU.
Damn dude spot on. Nothing could better describe the toxo and selfish batch of 2024 of gnlu. Thanks for writing this
I am so sorry that you have to face this at GNLU. I am a student of the 2025 batch at GNLU, and the root cause of all these issues is my immediate senior-most batch, i.e. the infamous 2024 batch. There were the ones who start this stupid trend of spreading high toxicity in the campus, leading to a huge amount of back-stabbing. The toxic batch of '24 has single-handedly due to few students spread toxicity so much in the campus, that now almost every University or cllg near Gujarat is aware of this infamous batch. I request my immediate senior batch, bhai ab tuh toxicity bandh karo, plss. Let us unite and not divide for once.
It's really distressing how people in India are taking Covid so lightly. People are not wearing masks or washing hands anymore. I see people on campus coughing without even covering their mouth with their hands. WTF is wrong with everyone? The virus can always strike again.
Why GNLU is managing with incharge Registrar for many years who is very junior faculty. In the interest of students any other new or senior competent professor should be given the charge to protect interest of students and who can pay sincere attention to students affairs
Senior professors in NLUs are hardly competent as an administrator.
A 25-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 45-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.