Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
In other words, those who started college b/w:

- 2000-2009 (around 31 to 40 years today) 20
- 2010-2019 (around 21 to 30 years today)
- 2020-now (around 18 to 20 years today)

Some clear differences would seem to be:

- More technology, so easier access to study materials
- At the same time, it is tougher to get good grades now, as there is more to study
- More competition from new NLUs and Jindal
[...]
I mean. Rubbish no. Even back in the day folks didn’t just study from a textbook. They read cases in physical AIRs and CD Rom SCC and inter library loans. And as someone who has taught this current lot. They’re not good at technology. They’re good at apps on their phone where they can consume content. Ask them to do something even a little complex on MS office and they don’t know how. Many of my students don’t know how to save documents. I am not kidding. I have had students struggle to turn in assignments cause they couldn’t save the document.
They also don’t understand Boolean search and the limitations of Manu and scc as search engines. They don’t know how to find information if an algorithm doesn’t feed it to them. They do know a lot about Instagram and tik tok and all that stuff- but no use.

I think in the earlier years when law schools were an unproven brand students had more of a competitive streak and felt they had more to prove. Now it’s a little resting on laurels. Most of my students don’t really want to be here, they have no great love for the law or anything else- they just heard that a degree from law school gives them a job. Which it may or may not, but they think they’re paying for the degree and not the education. I teach for the exceptions.