Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
For folks who work around kala ghoda area, what do you eat for lunch everyday? Do you carry your own dabba? Where do the dabbawalas drop your dabbas off? I'm new here and I don't find any sustainable(health and money wise) options around.
There are plenty of very economical places in and around Fort. Right outside the NCLT building itself is a small government run eatery that serves wholesome dal chawal type khana for a very modest sum. That's just one example.
HC Canteen (the one near the University Gate) does a decent lunch at a reasonable price. The canteen at the Sessions Court has better quality food at that decent price. Joshi Tea Canteen outside the HC is also good (HSBC Gate) but they don't do meals. They do snacks. Their Misal Pav is to die for. There are many places in the by-lanes of Fort that will give you meals in the afternoon (South Indian and North India). Stick to the Canteens in the Courts but. You'll also be able to network and there's not much walking to do during the lunch break.
Oh yes Bombay HC itself has the best hot chocolate and bun maska on the 1st floor!!
Dwarka, Purnima, New Modern Lunch Home
They all have delicious, affordable food. Especially dosas and idlis. Must try!
ohh man, you have plenty. Just cross the road and you will find the treasure!
Cafe Milan - Tawa Pulao. Puri Bhaji while you taking a quick xerox of the Affidavit to be served on the other side;
Cafe Military - Kangaroo Beer, Pallonji, kheema pao, mutton cutlet, salli boti, typical irani fare,
Yazadani Bakery - Bun and Brun Maska, Khari and their Irani chai.
Jimmy Boy - Opp. CB for their burgers and Dhansak(essentially Parsi food).
Ripon Club - Exclusive Parsi gentleman's club. If you can sneak in through with a Parsi.
the ubiquitous Udupi Restaurants are hard to miss - Dwarka, Poornima( for the lunch south Indian thali) etc.
Starbucks at Horniman Circle for the Free WIFI and urgent client meetings- nobody will bat an eyelid if you conduct your conference by not ordering their overpriced,overrated coffee and just walk out after the 'deed'.
Fountain Sizzlers- Opposite HC if you have a fairly fat wallet and are in the mood to splurge. Their Sizzlers, Caesar Salad and other continental fare et al.
Hotel Fountain - For their scrumptious Manglorean Food
Cafe Brittania, Ballard Estate for their Excellent Chicken/Mutton Berry Pulao albeit expensive - Lawyers at JSA, DRT/DRAT and the erstwhile CLB can relate to this.

In a nutshell, you have fare for your wallet as well as palate. Bumping into a Kala coat is guaranteed at this places.

There's more including the quintessential drinking holes for lawyers, but it seems the OP's question was limited to food. Can add on public demand.
All good options. Jimmy Bhoy is a tad bit on the expensive side and I'm not sure why Starbucks is in this distinguished line-up. Kalaghoda Cafe is much better and at the same price point. The gomantak restaurants can also be included if you're looking for sea good (Mahesh Lunch Home and the others).

A special mention must be made for Deluxe; while not in Kalaghoda, they deliver to Kalaghoda and they are both cheap and delicious (if a little unhygienic).

If OP cannot find a reasonably priced good food option in Fort then OP will not be able to find a decent place to eat in Mumbai. Fort is literally the simplest place to find good cheap food - there is one place literally stone's throw away.

When I moved offices from Fort, the eateries were one of the (among many) disappointments of Lower Parel.
Starbucks at Horniman Circle is closed for renovation.

Also do they allow ladies in Rippon?
Rippon was a historically male only membership club. I think they may have changed given the times.
All good options, except that Yazdani and Jimmy are a tad bit far from the High Court if you need to walk back at 2.30 PM.

A meal at all these places would cost a minimum of Rs. 150 for 1 person (except places like Dwarka and Purnima). For 70-80 Rupees lunch which is the budget of the average Litigation A0,
you have a few more unnamed restaurants (proper eateries and not stalls, mind you).
Hey! Do you have any idea about places to stay around same location?
For a month.
For good home cooked meals, try to find out the canteen at churchgate of PWD I think.

A dabba service from Meenu aunty can also be an option. Her number is 9619494321.
Purnima has a decent South Indian lunch for about 120 withy very little oil in it.