Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
> Some background on me, I'm 22 and a science major in Zoology and minor in Chemistry and Botany from my state University, I've discovered my interest in the legal field last year and decided to pursue law for good after graduating this year.

>I'm from lower- middle class financial BG so my aim has been "sarkari" since childhood. (Judiciary/ PSC)

>I gave CLAT, got a good rank and joined my state NLU but now I'm in a conundrum that should I continue with NLU (hefty fees + 2 more years than 3yr ll.b) or should I drop out and focus on judiciary completely?

Please give your opinions/suggestions because there's no one I know who is currently in legal field.
_/_
The best course of action would've been joining a government college. Since you're already admitted in an NLU, I think you should start religiously prepping for judiciary because you're inherently at a disadvantage being a science student competing against law students.
A quality LLM is not as bad as some suggest, it is near useless in terms of creating corporate opportunities but from a knowledge pov it should be good.
(I would request someone to verify my take since I'm not in the legal field)
Hello, namaste, OP here. Thank you for your suggestion but from the start I never thought about having a career in corporate, it's just the knowledge of law I'm after and ofcourse a degree so that I can pursue judiciary.
Yeah, in that case you might want to continue with your current 'NLU'. The reason being that either you crack the exam or not, in case you don't, you would have a tag to fetch you some worthy internship under a competent senior (not guaranting it, merely increasing the chances of it).
I would've suggested academia as well but granted that the current trend favours a foreign LLM in most reputed institutes, it's not worth wasting your passion. Best of luck!