Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Shardul / Cyril / Zia / Luthra - 500 cr
Managing partners of other Tier 1 firms - 100-200 cr
Managing partners of Tier 2 firms - 50-100 cr
Senior partners - 20-80 cr
Junior partners - 10 - 20 cr

Any views / insights?
A 8-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
On senior partner, I think that may be high. I’d say:
- someone like ashwath, 50 to 60 crores
- someone like raghubir or gautam saha or reeba, 30 to 40 crores,

all numbers being net worth and including value of primary residence less debt. Most of the senior partners of today have started earning really big annual numbers only in the last 5 years or so, and will lose a fair chunk of that to tax and expenses.

However, no idea why people keep working once they hit these numbers (or continue working at the same level of intensity). Once I hit 30 crores (haha), I am ouuut. 10 crores for a decent flat in mumbai/delhi or a great house elsewhere, and 20 crores in a mix of fds and investments generating a >10% yield p.a on average. Let’s go!
This was done by Akshay Jaitley, founder of Trilegal, who moved to France. As the son of Jaya Jaitley, I guess he also had considerable family wealth. Absolutely sensible decision by him. Those who continue working after making so much money are either crazy or have an unhealthy obsession with money.
Akshay Jaitly is a fantastic man. Interestingly he did not have considerable family wealth - his father was an IAS officer who was sent to J&K as Chief Secretary during the heyday of militancy - his policies were known to have brought about considerable change in the valley and resulted in a fall in militancy. He was considered to be quite effective, straight forward and honest at the same time.

Source(s): https://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/former-jk-chief-secretary-ashok-jaitley-passes-away/
https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/tony-jaitly-champion-of-kashmir/294845
Are they in any way related to Celina Jaitley?
Whatever happened to her?
With kind grace of parents and own endeavors (not wasting legacy and adding to it, albeit slowly), already have it.

I still work - I imagine that if I had another corpus of 15 crores, what I earn from the law firm would tantamount to the interest which a bank would give me.

So still in the profession for another 5 to 6 years. Once over 50, will leave and enjoy life.
Well done to you - motivating myself to work another 5 to 6 years if I were in your shoes would be difficult! I commend your mental discipline.

When you say you’re likely done with work after 50, is that by age or savings (crores)?

Great stuff, in either case, and all the best with getting to your destination!
If you've hit 30 crores, and still spend 10 crores on an apartment in Mumbai, imma judging you my friend.
Doesn't matter if net worth is high.These Managing partners are stopping millions in legal industry from progressing by stopping foreign law firm entry for their own selfish nepotistic gains.They will not survive one month after foreign law firms enter India.
I'd bet my entire net worth that none of Shardul / Cyril / Zia / Luthra have a majority of their net worth tied up in the firms
Majority of this known people derive their income outside of law practice, like business partnerships, venture investments, commercial rented properties etc.