Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
For men: Hair transplants, botox, facelift, liposuction

For women: Same as above plus skin whitening

Asking because of age discrimination and skin colour discrimination in India. Plus general bias in favour of looks.
Because have you seen how us litigating lawyers look?

No way anyone can look good while running around with several kilos of files in court corridors. Litigating lawyers have accepted ugliness.
1. Their interns carry the files lol, the lawyers rarely even argue more than 5 mins.

2. Clients prefer shabby and old advocates, as it shows they really work hard, when actually they hire unpaid labour to do everything.
Yes, hair transplant for sure. Most are balding / bald by early 30s, some shave and own it, other get a transplant
Not sure about cosmetic surgery, but skin lightening through fairness creams is common among both men and women in law firms.Both bosses and clients have a prejudice against people who are dark. They are considered low status, low caste etc. It is the ugly truth.

Even in law school, there were two guys in my batch from South India who were good in studies, yet used Fair and Handsome and did so openly. There was also a guy from an SC background who used it. It was also openly discussed (among both girls and guys) that so and so girl is beautiful as she is fair. I am talking about a tier 1 NLU here, not some regional college!
How is the reference to South India or the SC background of the kid relevant? Are you suggesting that only they use skin lightening products?

You do sound like an entitled tier 1 product.
In chamber practice having a belly and grey hair is actually an advantage!
Stay away from hair transplants because only a minority succeed. After some time the hair will fall out for most people and it will be back to square one. You will also be left with scars from the surgery exposed!

If you are balding, either wear a wig, or shave it entirely, or go abroad and pay a lot of cash from a stem cell hair restoration procedure.
As a budding corporate lawyer, I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Kya baat hai bhaisaab. Aapne healthy mind lives in a healthy body wala status achieve kar liya
Problem is, I do not understand if you are actually serious or just making a parody post.
Is there ageism where people who look youthful and attractive are preferred by managing partners, clients, etc?

Do both men and women go for treatments like botox or skin lightening (fair skin being seen as a sign of beauty in India)?
Sahi baat. MPs and clients don’t care about either the revenue or the abilities of a lawyer. Accha aur jawan lawyer chahiye bus. Clients toh gadhe hain.
in case of lady lawyers, I have heard quite many clients saying they want attractive young lawyers, so you are partly true