Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
Bar Council Pearl Trust’s IIULER GOA
IIULER's entrance is going to be held on 4th September this year and the first batch is going to start from the third week of September. The infrastructure campus (though a transit one) looks absolutely fantastic. The hostel rooms too, prima facie, look no less than hotel rooms. As per their website, the college is going to provide internships and placements under renowned advocates and national/INTERNATIONAL law firms. It will also be having three compulsory foreign University visits throughout the 5 years. The fees looks to be a bit hefty though; slightly more than Jindal. Many advocates are of the opinion that IIULER will soon over take the NLUs. Legally India readers, what are your opinions on this?
"Many advocates are of the opinion that IIULER will soon over take the NLUs."

Of course, it will. Only the privilege lot will get entry and by virtue of being privileged they will have better opportunities and hence better career.
Yes NLU managements are absolutely trembling at the prospect of IIULER beating them but I really dont understand why an Indian law college would conduct entrances 2 months after the law entrances have been conducted. How is any person, who is still in 12th supposed to apply for the BA LLB programme?
Anyways I wish luck to IIULER but just talking big on website doesnt help, let them actually show some results and one can then consider and rate them.
Please name the advocates who said that. Is Manan Mishra a part of the group? As for this place surpassing the NLUs, that's what people said about Jindal. So far, that's yet to happen. As for three compulsory foreign university visits, is the university going to foot the bill for those? This is just like another vacation for spolit filthy rich brats. They haven't even hired the faculty yet and they are going to start classes from September. What a joke!
I've done a comprehensive research on the subject. I hardly believe that the pictures shown of the hostel are true, I don't even believe that they have a hostel because when I looked online, there were no other buildings other than the administrial block. I'll state the reasons why you shouldn't join IIULER:
1. It's in the middle of a jungle (literally), the campus which is being constructed is on peripherals of a reserve and some mill.
2. You'll be the first batch.
3. You don't have a VC yet.
4. It's going to take 3 years for the main campus to be built. (Could be more)
5. The current campus has been a controversial building as well, it has been scrutinized in the past for being poorly administered after it's construction.
6. BCI Pearl Trust is NOT a government entity, it's just an association and it's going to be tough to raise your voice against mishaps which is the case in most privately run institutes.
7. And the most important deal breaker, fees. I've already mentioned the scheme of IIULER in https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/232734-Is-IIULER-worth-it-#comments (Alias Aspirant Ash)
8. Let me elaborate more on the fee front which is about 10 Lakh for an year i.e 50+ lakhs for 5 years. Even if you're thinking that you'll manage the 40% Scholarship the fees which will be about 6 lakhs and mind it that it's based annually on your academic performance, so you've to perform exceptionally well for 5 years to redeem that and even if this is not enough to sway you away, they have the audacity to mention that they'll raise the fees by 10% (not kidding).
9. If you were planning to take an education loan, just imagine paying that kind of money. You've to work 3+ years without any savings to pay it off, probably more. Daunting, isn't it?
Although, if you wish to stay in the middle of jungle in the state of goa being the first batch of students with oddly 30-40 elite people who are there because of daddy's money then go for it.
Note: The uni hasn't specified the batch size yet, from my insight it won't be above 150 students including the LLM candidates because of such extravagant fee.
This university smells sus, I would advice to steer clear mere bhai ❀️
To add to what Ash said, they don't even have any faculty yet, nor are they offering Jindal like salary. Same as what other NLUs are offering on the UGC pay scale. Though the location may help to attract someone.
[Update]
IIULER has offered to give a 50% discount on their academic fee for the first year of 5 year course, which is still an exorbitant amount and it's even higher than Symbiosis, Pune (incl. accomodation).
They've said that they will update about next year scholarships based on results (so it could be anything from 5% - 50% concession for 2nd years).
Nevertheless, I would like to update my stance as I've been quite rigid about the prospects in my previous comment. You can consider it an okayish option if:
1. You've enough resources to finance it.
2. You don't seem to have a scope of clearing CLAT/SLAT/MHCET.
3. You're not in a position to take a drop year/another drop year.
4. You've a genuine interest in researching the unexplored legal domains (Space laws, Marine laws, Data protection laws) which haven't been delved into by India.
5. You would like to have a comfortable 5 years partying in Goa.
Other than the listed situations, I can't think of any other situation where one should be joining this scam of an institute.
Heard that they’ll probably also be having an online test instead of an offline one?
Personally, I would never trust a organization which compares India with the likes of China and Russia when it comes to freedom of speech. They lack the basic understanding of the Indian Constitution, ffs a university founded by them would be a total nightmare! A bunch of dictatorial acolytes running the show with no accountability. I would not advise someone to opt for it even if I had a gun to my head!
no state should have more than three law colleges ! revoke the license of the rest ! there is so much over supply that freshers barely make 2k a month !
Why don't you just quit practising? That will help the freshers too. Do your own bit!
They are charging more than Jindal. So might as well go to Jindal in that case!
Their salary should be of international standards not ugc if they want quality faculty. They will only get mediocre people teaching there if they pay such poor ay grade for such high fees. Sad.
Legal question: Can a regulator enter the field as a competitor of what they are regulating? I as a lawyer deeply doubt this but would love to hear from my friends.
The public universities in this country get a score of excellent faculty in many disciplines while paying UGC salary, which is actually higher than what almost 90% of the law firms in India pay. There's no reason for law to be an exception.
Why will someone pay more than Jindal and go to a college run by Manan Mishra with unknown faculty and no history of placements? At best only those who do not make it to Jindal/Symbi and go to places like Amity, Bennet, KIIT, Munjal and Galgotia may go here.
How come LI readers are so hostile and bitter towards Jindal because of the fee but are much softer on IIULER? Because it's a govt institute?
1. Because IIULER hasn't started yet.
2. More importantly, they aren't making outrageous claims about how they are the best in the country in every aspect without having the facts to support such claims.