Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Litigation is impossible. No guide , No cases , No income . How to do , What to do . No Idea. This is an empathetic hang out thread for fellow litigators across India. Vent on !
1. Pathetic basement offices.
2. Pathetic washrooms. Sometimes common washroom for men, women and other genders
3. Tharki seniors
4. Seniors earning 2cr per day paying 25k per month to their juniors
Point (4) is a straw-man. Yes, starting salaries are low compared to what the senior makes - but what skills are you bringing to the chambers? It will take you months of diligence before you can be trusted with a brief, drafting, or even asking just for time before a HC/SC judge. The 25-30k should be looked at as a stipend to defray expenses. Luxuries and savings can wait a year. Once you get going, you know how it is to handle things on your own. And once you settle in, you will be doing well. Every hard working, sincere litigator I know from law school days are making around 20LPA now (its been 5 years).
>Every hard working, sincere litigator I know from law school days are making around 20LPA now (its been 5 years).

Which is slightly more than what a Judicial officer of State Civil Service/SSC officer with 5 years of service makes as salary (around 18 LPA)....
Been half a decade. Still struggling. Peers are flourishing somehow. Most of them aren't very smart, but are enterprising and industrious. Have family commitments. need to continue with the salary paying senior.

need the courage to spread the wings and fly! Not sure if I should take the leap of faith and give myself 6 months of independence just to try. Will quit and apply to a T1 law firm if it doesn't work out. Hopefully, I fly. I pray that I fly!
request you to please help me land a place in some office bhai. please please please.

P.s. If commentors of this thread are willing we can make a small telegram group to network!
Just stay with it. Starting salaries at good chambers in Delhi now offer 25-30 thousand per month. That rises to 50 thousand per month after about a year. Then your own matters will add to your earnings - you will be crossing 15 lakhs per annum within 24-39 months. After that, of course the sky is the limit.
request you to please help me land a place in some office bhai. please please please.

P.s. If commentors of this thread are willing we can make a small telegram group to network!
for those who are willing to join Lit Group - please write a mail to me seriouspen@gmx.com. I will send you my telegram username and if we get enough mails/contacts we can make a group
sorry throw away mail has deleted - pls drop me a line on telegram @aj_cj02
OP here - Telegram group is up . We are 3 members as of now

link - [Moderator note: Group has been closed]
Telegram is closed . Down 😓🙏 No more litigation 🙏🙏🙏😓