Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Some NLUs offer very bad sports facilities. Why can't they buy 15 to 20 consoles for the boys hostel? Shouldn't cost more than 20-25 lakhs to set up a first class gaming room in the boys hostel. Considering the extent of wasteful expenditure and corruption in certain NLUs, this is not much. E-sports are now an event in the Asian Games, so colleges should encourage it.

At Jindal, they have facilities for swimming, tennis and, basketball, plus are adding squash, futsal, snooker etc. It is peanuts for them. Why can't they do so?

It's time we start making such demands. It is not a luxury but a necessity. Some colleges are located in very remote areas with no possibilities for recreation
Since most students have PS in their homes they can bring them from home to the hostel and play.
How far away from reality are you? 50% of NLU kids come from humble back grounds. The other 50% isn't also as affluent to just carry around gadgets worth 45k at age 17.
That way people have cricket bats, basket balls, gym equipments and what not at home. Colleges can save a lot of money and simply ask students to get whatever they can from home and donate to the college. Point is that esports are a part of Asian Games and Commonwealth Games, a few PCs and consoles dedicated to gaming will not hurt anyone. People playing DOTA and CSGO are have earned millions of dollars in the last few years. It is as serious as it gets.
A 4-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Colleges will only spend on facilities that both boys and girls want. As girls are not into gaming, colleges will not spend on it.
Anectodally, the Cyber Committee at NUJS did purchase a PS4 in tandem with the Sports Committee a few years ago and put it up in the Rec room for the GB’s use. Used to be a bunch of people all playing FIFA together. Was quite nice, unless you had absolute zero interest in FIFA hahahah
Gucci ki bag aur Oakleys ke chashme nahi chahiye? Many NLUs don’t have decent malls also around them.
Mere law school me hota toh 5-10 din me barabar ho jaata console. Koi dahi gira deta koi chapati daal deta cd slot me, saari public use cheezo ki haq se band bajayi jaati thi, never got why but yehi usool tha
Kian, tu ye sabh publish kar, ye sab gaming waali bakchodi, jinhe genuine queries hai work/law se voh sabh post mat kar.
A 14-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Me personally I would love free liquor and a club with a free entrance to hot chicks not from the Uni
A 5-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.