Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Dear Intellectuals,

Despite several months having passed, there seems to be no light at the end of my tunnel. Still in a dark place.
Despite having passed out of a great university, the ugly never seems to fade away.

So, I sort of screwed up my UG course (fun peers+ alcohol). Tried yoga, exercise and routine. I have also managed to get admitted to a LLM at a premier Indian NLU. Had nothing on my CV which could help me secure a decent job. So I need to go to college and study (last time didn't do so). Hence opting for the LLM.

Just wanted to know what I could do to solidify the job prospects as the financial situation of my folks is worsening by the day. Hence, I want a sure shot chance of getting a PPO. Can't afford to lose this time. I am well prepared and feel super-human. Capable of anything and everything. Honestly, I've never felt so confident (EVER). Please guide me. I know you all are experts in this domain. My aim is secure a place in any of the great firms (T1/T2).

My Area of Interest (after a lot of thought and research) is Capital Markets/ Gen Corp. To maximize the chances of getting shortlisted for internships/interviews what should I do? Should I focus on publishing articles/blogs etc? Or is there ANYTHING else I can do? Kindly Advise. AFAIK the placements aren't good for the LLMs in my Uni. Any advise would be appreciated by my confidence stuck in this dark dumb pit without a ray of hope. Thanks.
Kindly connect - seriouspen@gmx.com .. Wish to learn a bit from you . I am not trolling. I need info
Bass kar bhai/behen. Bahut log h apke jaise. Some studied & worked hard yet failed. So please. If you don't have contacts or aren't good at communication, an LLM won't help. You have to help yourself all by yourself. And when u realize this truth, you'll become a alcoholic/ganjedi again. Good times and sure shot placement are a myth in law. Depression and Divorce is real. Do yourself a favor and do an MBA or mortgage your house and migrate abroad! That's how it is. Stop cribbing. Man/Woman Up!
What is this ridiculous advice .Mortgage your house and leave the country if someone hasn't graduated with a job. Without any plan randomly just do MBA. Wow 🤦
Instead of giving this ridiculous advice, please sound optimistic. Stop behaving like Rahul Gandhi.
Having worked (and flourished) in law firms for last 10 years, I can say that best is yet to come. You are just starting your career. Have faith and work towards it. Try to do more internships, legal writing, networking etc. I will be glad to help. Share your number and I will call you.
To be honest, not sure if the (Indian) LLM is going to be a ticket to a Tier 1 firm. Rather, might be better to start out at a tier 2/3 law firm (or even a boutique firm). Work hard for 18-24 months, and you will be picked up by a Tier 1 firm. I know multiple folks who have managed this.

On the other hand, the LLM (even from NLS/NLUD/NALSAR) will not be adding any value to your professional ambitions. Do it only if you want to consider academia as a career. This is the sad reality of the Indian LLM, though a reputable foreign LLM (Oxbridge/HYS) can help build your profile (though from your description of your academic record during LLB, might be tough to make it especially without work experience).