Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
When I saw that #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha what the top Twitter trend, I thought it was because people were protesting against Bollywood ripping off Forrest Gump. I'm not even sure if they are paying copyright royalties as the law requires. So I was pretty happy about it. Then I was shocked to see on the news that it was because RW trolls are doubting Aamir Khan's loyalty to India. Absolutely shameful!! Is this what he has to hear after so many years? Also, people are picking on him for meeting with Erdogan. No doubt Erdogan is evil, but what do these people have to say about the fact that Modi laid out the red carpet for Xi Jinping during the vibrant Gujarat summit???

Trolls don't realise that their campaign will have the opposite effect. Even people who were planning to boycott movie because of plagiarism are going to watch it to show solidarity.
It is not plagiarized. The makers have duly obtained permission from the original movie's right holders, and have also acknowledged it in the credits.
I mean isn't it kinda obvious that the makers would fully buy remake rights before making a movie with Aamir Khan's name attached to it. Why would they take such a big chance. What is wrong with people these days. :/
Hype and cotroversy before the movie begins, who benefits? Use your gray matter, the producers. Scripted as the film. Now some intellectual folks will start their great teen wisdom brain to spew venom against me.
If your discussion is relating to IP rights, then its fine but if its about people's choice of watching a movie based on their perceived notion or reality then I don't think such a topic merits a discussion here in LI !