Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
So apparently, Saraf and Partners has started pandering to the so-called younger talent and is offering A0s more than A1s, A2s and even A3s which they hired last year.
Apparently 2022 law degree and zero work experience is more valuable to the firm. In fact to this day there's no talk of either increment or appraisal. Misplaced priorities. No wonder the attrition has skyrocketed at the firm.
If anyone's surprised at this, I have a bridge to sell you. The lot that broke away from LL was known for being anti-increments and bonus payouts at anything below partnership level. Now that they've made their own firm, what did you expect
What nonsense is this?
A0s are getting a reasonable 16 LPA. Are you suggesting that A1-A3s at Saraf are getting equal or less than that? That is downright improbable, if not impossible.
Please tell me the figures at each level.
One of my colleagues (A3) has been offered SA1 by Saraf, offering a 25% increment over his present salary (T1).
There are no levels. Basically each and every person's salary apart from PPOs and Day Zero hires is negotiated and the negotiations start at 60k and 1x bonus.
More negotiation yields 80k and 2x bonus and highest they settle at is 1 lakh and 3x bonus.

Even people moving from Big-6 have seen dip in their pay. (the last sentence is a hearsay, I can't personally confirm this, but everything else I confirm)
Trust me If you see the quality of A1, A2 and A3s in that firm you would know why. Maybe they just got smarter with their recruiting. Live and learn!
You think the quality of A0s is any better? They've recruited some absolute morons who can barely read a judgment without asking half a dozen questions.
This is not a Saraf specific issue - this happens at my firm also in two cases. One - compensation for lateral hires across law firms is fixed with reference to their last drawn pay. Therefore, in case of some associates who join from a tier 2 firm/ litigation chamber it is entirely possible for such associates to make less money than incoming A0 associates who come from top NLUs. Second - In case of A0s from some new NLUs which are not yet seen on par with the established ones and therefore are hired at a lower compensation structure - the next year, post increment also, they may find themselves making lower than an A0 from an established NLU. The important thing to check is if the firm offers a path for catch up of compensation for such associates over a period of time.
There is no path to anything. There's no structure to how the firm works. Essentially there is a huge pile of work and random people at random levels are doing random stuff. So basically the pedigree and quality is akin to any other lalaji firms out there.
Yes, well that's what happens when you have more lawyers than support staff in the office. You as a lawyer end up doing the most menial of tasks.
Tumhare billable hours ki value hi nahi hain to pay kaahe karenge woh tumhe?
Saraf and partners is doing injustice with its associates.
Heavy workload is given to associates without giving them increment. random work is allotted to associates. I wonder one day they will ask associates to do low grade work. If saraf and partners fail to pay increments to its associates and partners. They will leave the firm. Mohit saraf please do needful for your own firm.
This has changed. There is adequate support staff and have bought in enough tech and support staff to transfer the menial work. Again, since it is a smaller firm compared to S/CAM, AZB and Khaitan they haven't brought in legal tech which could further simply things. The advanced versions of litera and thomson reuters extensions are a must need which most of the tier 2 firms cannot really invest in for the time being.
In this days of inflation,it is difficult for associates to maintain them. Mohit saraf is not paying increment to associates. No talks are going on in the office about paying increments to associates. Associates are disillusioned with saraf and partners. God save saraf and partners.
Agreed. No increments have been paid this year either and it's already December. Shame on MS. Making profits on poor associates' labor.

I also came to know about Saraf's sandwich leave policy. Joining Saraf is basically a rat trap, once you are in, you can't take a leave or live a life until and unless you are ready for a pay cut.
I recently joined S&P as an associate. First of all, no firm policies were ever shared with us. No firm policy, no leave policy, nothing is there in writing.

The entire firm is running on policies that our master Mr. Saraf dictates.

One day he chooses to make a policy that WFHs are only allowed on Wednesdays, he puts it in the WhatsApp group, and it becomes a policy.

You just make policies as per your whims and fancies. It's the opposite of a professional firm. Looks more like a Bollywood family business where Mr. Saraf is the iconic 'Babu ji'. He will give increments only when he wants to. He will give you your bonus 6-7 months late. But he will want you to always be on your toes and forget work life balance.