Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
I am already at a decent public law school in Delhi. I am in my first year, and I already have a gap year. So, should I shift given that, in total, I will have a gap of 2 years?
Not sure what the actual placement stats are but my girlfriend is a NLUO graduate and they have a ton more alumni in Tier 1s than my NLU (which is technically a bit higher ranked than RGNUL etc). This makes a difference while looking for new jobs because your network will be that much bigger.
Please, help. R, change the headline to get more footprints if possible. I am really confused and I wish that someone can help!
Depends on what you wish to do in future. Since you have already been in a law school for a year, I am assuming you must at least have a vague idea of what the different career options are. I'll elaborate on the following options:

1) Judiciary/ Litigation- If wish to be a judge or you have adequate financial/ancestral backing for litigation, then it is a no-brainer. Even if not, you can still go for litigation if you're interested. In this case, stay. Don't go for RGNUL/NLUO. You may join Coaching Institutions like Rahul's IAS or Good Chambers in Delhi HC (for lit) and you'll shine ;)
2) Corp- This is where the options get tricky. This year NLUO has been great in terms of placements. Nevertheless, you can't be very sure about the placement prospects as these may fluctuate in these NLUs. RGNUL again isn't as good when it comes to corp placements. Hence, it is risky. However, you may opt for either of them (preferably NLUO) as these will definitely put you in a better position. Also, RGNUL is also not bad as Bajpai is seen as an efficient administrator.
3) PSUs/Banks- Stay and prepare for the exams/CLAT PG. No need to opt for these NLUs.

4) Acad- Again no need to change. You can crack CLAT PG later on and do PG from the top NLUs (relatively easy w.r.t CLAT UG).

To summarize, leave if you wish to pursue corp (bit risky) and stay if you're inclined towards other options. If you're not sure about what you might wish to do in future, then my suggestion is to Leave if fees is not much of a problem for your family (as the exposure will definitely be higher). All the best!
It is not that simple. Provide me a reason, too. Had this been the case when I was fresher, I would have taken any of the colleges blindly.

Unlike T1s, things aren't really that rosy in T2s. They have their own share of struggles. Help me make a sound decision!
OP has some genuine issue but very few people are offering help. Crazy!