Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Recently I heard about this great course in Securities Law which is offered by MNLU Mumbai and NISM (Ed initiative of SEBI). I am wondering whether I should join NLS/NALSAR LLM (corp) or should I go for the NISM LLM. I have gone through the course structure of NISM and it seems great (unlike the outdated ones at NLUs). My ultimate aim is to join a T1 Law Firm.

Yes I know that LLMs might not help in securing jobs in firms but I felt that I need a year more to figure things out. Hence, going for the LLMs. Would Law Firms be willing to hire students from NISM? How wise is my decision to not join a T3/T4 firm's dispute resolution and go for the LLM. And how should I go about planning internships/publishing papers during this one year. Kindly advise as I have to decide asap.
If this is true, it's going to be revolutionary. Though I am not sure if Nism focuses much on the LLM as they have several other programs to cater to. Many of us have done courses provided by NISM. Mostly they are nice. But LLM is a whole new ball game. Conventional LLMs from NLUs do not have much value professionally as they are intended for academicians. The NISM LLMs may not be like that. They know what is in demand and may have designed the course accordingly. Hence, NISM might be better if you wish to pursue a career in law firms. All the best!
How to get admitted here? I am a graduate and I am interested. Is it through CLAT PG?
Any clue about the admission test pattern? Cannot find anything online
Do both: the NISM prog for knowledge and the NALSAR/NLSIU prog for brand value.
Can't. Both are LLMs and must be pursued individually. So again, should I go for the Brand or the Knowledge?
You won't be considered as a student of NISM, but that of MNLU Mumbai. So the value addition if any on the job market is unlikely to be much. So far the modus operandi of this LLM for getting placements seems to be cold mailing a group of people and sending their brochure. While that is better than nothing, it is not anything that any enterprising LLM batch can do by themselves.
Same question. NUJS or MNLU/NISM? Please answer guys. Anyone who's already working with T1 Law Firms in the relevant areas. Extremely Confused as to which one should I go for. Additionally, I was thinking of opting for certifications from NISM and studying in NUJS (instead of paying huge fees in NISM!). Please advise on this.
For law firms, it won't matter. Domestic law firms don't care about your LLM. Only work ability and some basic knowledge.