Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
hi, i have recently graduated from law school working in a public policy firm and am looking forward to switching to the law firm. How difficult it is and what are the problems faced
it would if someone and give advice good advice which can help in planning this transition
It is very difficult. You are working in a very satisfying field, please dont start running after money now. If at all, you want a change, then join a legal clinic.
I did this.

I was miserable intellectually (honestly, public policy is only slightly better, if at all), but so happy with the job security. I went in for the law firm knowing I will exit as soon as my financial goals are met. I think of moving back to policy as buying back time for the things I want to do since it cannot possibly eat away all my waking hours, and I will get time to read, think and write in future.

I guess it depends on identifying and balancing what you need and want to do from your life
Join a law firm with a strong public policy practice like PLR, Ikigai, Dua that will value your experience, even if you are not joining them to do public policy work.