Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
The aforesaid has been a raging debate for a very long time. It has traditionally been contended that NUJS is a better college than NLUJ. However, recent trends and opinions are pointing towards the opposite. Take an example of legally India only, while going through the post titled 'GNLU v NLIU v NLUJ', some individual said that he/she has no regrets of choosing NLUJ over NUJS and that NLUJ is a way better college than NUJS.

Insofar as the placements are concerned, I have heard that both NUJS is at par with NLUJ, if not slightly better. I have also heard that more international firms recruit from NLUJ. People have told me that NLUJ is also doing better at the co-curricular and academic fronts. I have also heard good things about NLUJ's admin.

Now, to be clear, I have not posted this to create any sort of enmity between both of these brilliant colleges. Please understand that I am only asking this query as I have to take a conscious decision of choosing between the two. I am also aware that a similar thread already exists on this website, but it did not provide much closure. In perusal of the above, I request the Legally India to kindly provide provide some guidance.

PS- Kindly do not troll or make irrelevant remarks, and PLEASE do not fight. Your opinion can prove detrimental to me and hundreds of other students. Kindly be prudent.

PPS- This is for the legally India moderators- I have seen that in the recent times that many comments are not getting uploaded, majority of them are flagged (even though they do not contain anything that goes against the community guidelines), and a lot of time is taken to approve the other comments (especially those related to clat). Kindly ensure that comments on this post are approved as soon as possible, even if they are harsh (and not irrelevant). Time is of the essence.

Regards
Nujs eyes closed, unless of course you're from rajasthan and want to live in your home state
1. As if the current Rajasthan government and opposition are filled with stalwart leaders! People are actually killing each other in the name of religion there!
2. Which stud VC is there at NLUJ now? Poonam Saxena? Ask anyone who actually knows her about their opinion of her as an admin.
3. This is completely inaccurate. You have zero idea about the finance of NUJS. It is true that the Bengal government does not provide a lot of funds, but it does provide some regularly. I do not know how much fund the Rajasthan government pays to NLUJ, so won't comment there.
4. Whatever faculty NUJS has right now is still much better than NLUJ. There are multiple instances of good NLUJ faculty having quit and joined NUJS in the distant and recent past.
5. Which great faculty have NLUJ students managed to get in so far with their unity? They couldn't care less about their own faculty having to needlessly risk their lives during the pandemic. They had even gheraoed the VC once but she is still there without any consequence or improvement.
Choose NUJS. It is very, very easy to score marks. The location is also nice, with malls, restaurants and hospitals nearby. So just chill, party, graduate with a high GPA and get recruited by a law firm.
The ease of scoring marks would depend on the teacher though. Not everyone is as lenient as Rather Particular or Suzie Poo or a few others.
Not sure which source told you that NLUJ gets more foreign firm offers or that it is doing better academically or otherwise. There is no such stats available in the public domain to support that claim. NLUJ admin is in fact notorious for not treating students as adult individuals capable of making their own decisions, which is why they don't even have a strong student body. Even during the pandemic, NLUJ admin forced all their faculty to physically come to campus every day and take online classes from there. These are all verifiable facts. There is one big advantage that NLUJ has over NUJS, which is a bigger campus and better hostels. So far as anyone can verify, that is the only advantage though. Even location-wise, NUJS is far better. This is not to say that you will be missing out on career opportunities if you go to NLUJ though. The student quality is comparable, but then, the students for the top 7-8 NLUs would be more or less the same anyway, separated only by one better or worse day at CLAT. Freedom-wise, there is no comparison. NUJS would win hands down.
as the salary excel sheet got messed up so i am a bit upset

therefore i will take it out on the OP in this thread

nujs is better than nluj if you want a job and look at the median student (dont be stupid, there has rarely been any raging debate about which uni is better between nluj and nujs, look at the clat preference for the last 5 years)
My answer: Reject both and go to Jindal. It beats these 2 in all categories.
In 4 years NIRF has ranked NUJS ahead of NLUJ 4 times and NLUJ ahead of NUJS once. So you got your answer.
And that once too was when NUJS was under interim admin led by a retired judge. Not that NIRF is useful as a rank.
Honestly speaking, you cant go wrong with either of these.
If you want a better campus life overall and greater freedom on campus, prefer NLUJ.
if you want more competitive batchmates and slightly better corporate placement chances (arguably), and 3 acre tiny campus, prefer NUJS.
Both have very good academics and (NUJS has slight edge in terms of academics and maybe teachers.)
NLUJ academics have more practical learning experience (I'd say better than NUJS and NALSAR at least) because of the Court room exercises (find out about CREs yourself).
Prefer which city you prefer in terms of connectivity to home, food preferences, and climate.

Trigger warning but had to add as I'm just being honest.
Also demographics matter as well. For example I culturally tune more with Rajasthani and Gujju people (more)than Bengalis (sorry). Although NUJS has a fair chunk of Rajasthani (them being the major contributors to clat top 500 ranks' list).

Yes, I had CLAT rank around 180, could have easily got NUJS, but chose to get myself admitted into NLUJ. I'm in my final year now, still in touch with my CLAT coaching friends who are in NUJS/NALSAR/NLIU/GNLU. I still think my NLU experience was far more smooth and enjoyable than theirs. I wanted a T1 Job, got it here as well, would have got the same at NLS as well, but the experience might not have been this enjoyable and adventurous.

But again if you are in either of these universities, the College wont be a deciding factor in your success. Both have pros and cons.
So its just a personal preference whether you like red color or blue. Just chose whatever suits to your personality kid.
Freedom in campus? If you meant bigger campus size, then yes. But student freedom-wise, NUJS is far, far ahead.
Quote:
"NUJS is at par with NLUJ, if not slightly better."
NUJS is the best in placements, slightly better than NLS and NALSAR. 1-2 foreign vacation schemes by NLUJ does not change that in any way.
Please don't listen to the opinions of people who've just cracked CLAT and have no insight into the legal industry.

In all the points you've mentioned (placements, international firms, co-curricular and academic fronts), NUJS is better than NLUJ by far. You can check placement statistics yourself, they're available online. Further, since NUJS has a much more established presence, it has a better alumni base all over the world and its brand name has more weightage when applying for foreign universities or scholarships. The only place where NLUJ is better than NUJS is its admin. That anyway wouldn't matter in the long run.
Lol! Whoever are saying that NLUJ admin are better have no clue. NUJS admin is bad, but usually students can pressure them into doing things if need be. NLUJ admin is dictatorial with a capital D.