Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
I've gotten a decent rank in CLAT examination(700-ish) but I'm very chary and hesitant to go anywhere which isn't a metropolitan city. I'm Delhi based and was thinking of opting for USLLS, GGSIPU instead of opting other NLUs, I'm getting based on my CLAT score. Due to my own shortcoming, I didn't enroll myself for AILET and so the idea of NLU Delhi flies out of the window. Would it make sense if I opt for USLLS instead of other NLUs? Does the location of a law school matter?
I agree with OP that non-metros suck, but remember that many NLUs in so-called metros are actually in remote areas. Even NLSIU, NLUD and NALSAR to a great extent. The surrounding area of NLSIU looks like a small suburban town, not at all like Bangalore. NLUD is in Dwarka, which is like a desert compared to the places where IIT, DU, JNU etc are located.
If location overrides all other factors for you then USLLS is a pretty decent college, otherwise not so much.
Chose a school in Delhi instead of HNLU. interned my ass off and grabbed a13lpa. Your choices, ignore other voices.
Did you also choose Delhi over other NLUs? And also, Congrats on that 13LPA!
I think you're better off in Tier-1 cities. Using words like 'chary' in Tier-2 cities will earn you looks of suspicion at best and a pumelling from the "zyada Angrezi bol raha hai" at worst.
Why are people downvoting OP? It's the harsh truth that non-metros in India are terrible: poor facilities, limited opportunities for recreation, conservative-minded people who stare at women wearing Western clothes, very few good pubs, restaurants and nightclubs etc etc. Some of the non-metros don't even have airports, or have airports with very few flight connections.

I would advise all parents and children to only consider the following NLUs: Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar and Kochi. Perhaps Jodhpur, Lucknow, Nagpur, Shimla and Bhopal too. But certainly not Raipur, Ranchi, Patna, Patiala, Guwahati, Cuttack, Sonipat, Trichy, Vizag, Jabalpur and Aurangabad (Sambhajinagar). Better to go to Symbi Pune then there places.
Yes, because recreation is the only reason you go to law school. Some advice, this! Whoever advises aspirants to choose NLU Shimla over anything else at present is certifiably insane.
Yeah for real, I was getting nlus along the same lines you mentioned not to take. Thanks, now i feel a little relaxed.
Law school requires you to challenge your perspectives and beliefs radically. You can grow only if you participate in this intellectual exercise. Staying in your comfort zone at your home unfortunately won't give you the growth
To be honest I don't see a major difference in NLUJ and HNLU for that part. They both are in outskirts of the city, what would you've done if you would've gotten NLUJ?
If you are fine with not getting a corporate placement then it's not an issue but I think if that's not the case then the best thing you can do is take Admission in HNLU and give your best in CLAT 2023 ;)
Bhai, dont choose based on city.
Choose what college offers better learning opportunities, placements and freedom to intern.
If I were you, I'd chose HNLU or NLUO. You'll (ideally) spend 95% of your time in the campus only with other rich kids from metro cities, not with poor tier 2 city chaps.
Also, if you are young and not in a terrible health, there should not be any major issue with healthcare facilities provided in the tier 2 city.
Also, as for recreational activities, yes I agree with point no 4. But then you are going to college. If your priority is recreational activities over learning experience, then, yes, Metro cities would be better.