Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
The famous CLAT mentor Akansh bhaiya has provided a preference which goes like, NLIU, NLU J, GNLU with NLIU being at the top. I've came across various LI posts where the preference goes like, NLU J, GNLU and then NLIU. Even clat mentors like Legal edge and CL put NLIU over GNLU, what should be the actual ranking. I'm sorry for this NLU war but I'm genuinely questioned right now and this means a lot to me.
Is it that difficult?
NLUJ/NUJS
GNLU
NLIU

Just from the placements and clat top rankers' perspective. I chose NLUJ over NUJS 3 years ago, definitely worth it, no regret.
And my friend chose GNLU over NLIU (AIR 401) says that was the best decision of his life.
How would you know what better opportunities you would have got had you remained at NUJS? When prestigious student fellowships are being offered, institutions still choose NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, etc. over NLUD. Other than bigger campus, NLUJ has got no advantage under any metric over NUJS as on date. And the behaviour of NLUJ admin towards students is pathetic. They treat the latter like school children, not adults.
Hey nope! I had several queries pertaining to nluj, can you please give me email id?
Regardless of order, these places are more or less equally situated in terms of subsequent careers to be honest. As in, you won't be losing anything choosing one over the other.
GNLU had the highest PPOs for the batch of 23. They also have a better moot record than the other two colleges. In the last five years or so they have given 2 Rhodes scholars and they get the most funding out of all the NLUs.
NLIU had corruption charges few years ago and even today their placements have been very shabby. Moreover, you don't see NLIU kids doing much in recent times at all.
NLUJ is a very decent college with very rigorous emphasis on academics and their placements are great too.

This is how the list goes NLUJ>GNLU>NLIU.

The reason GNLU has been kept second is because their batch size is humungous and they have comparatively less general seats. Even though their quality hasn't suffered yet, I wouldn't put them above NLUJ. In the next 2 years through, they might surpass NLUJ but for now NUJS>NLUJ>GNLU and NLIU.
Who are these famous people and which platform are they famous on anyway?
I chose nujs over nalsar 6 years back
Hardly makes a difference
If at all nujs circuit in T1s is better
Honestly, your graduation outcomes won't be very different whether you graduate from a NLS, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUJ or NLUD. The differences between these institutions is pretty minute. Like while you can argue slightly better academics at NLUJ, NUJS has been dominating the placements. So, overall, it doesn't make much difference.

That said, NUJS still has a much better locational advantage, being in the hub of Salt Lake City with everything at a walking distance and the campus culture is much freer. NLUJ does have a bigger campus and more hostel space. Accessibility wise, it does not compare to NUJS though.
Who is Akansh Bhaiya? Never heard about this CLAT mentor. Aaj kal sab corp chorke eye dhanda kar rhe hain.
Actual Ranking:

-NLUJ
-GNLU
-NLIU

Reason:

- NLIU has declined significantly over the past few years, recently the sociology professor was finally removed due to sexual harrasment allegations which date back to almost a decade, the fake degree scam which led to a CBI investigation etc.

Nonetheless NLIU is still better when compared to HNLU, RMLNLU and NLUO because it still offers good placements owing to the vast Alumni Network.

- NLUJ is kept at first as it has a smaller batch size (120 students) with no domicile quota (atleast this year) with an option to choose between BA/BBA LLB (Hons.)

- GNLU is kept in the middle as it has a huge batch size (around 180-200) with domicile quota, also the placements are almost par to NLUJ, the issue is when it comes to steam selection (between BA/BBA/BCOM/BSW) it is alloted according to the CLAT rank and as some streams are more difficult when compared to others some people have an advantage when it comes to placements.
In 2021, as per AJ, the ideal preference should have been NLUJ>GNLU>NLIU. He even told students that it is absolutely fine to keep GNLU over NLUJ. I don't know what has changed in just 10 months that he is preferring NLIU to both NLUJ and GNLU. Chances are that he will soon start a coaching centre in MP, and since most of the students will be from MP, they will get admission in NLIU easily due to domicile. He might then use it to say that XXX number of students taught by him are studying in Top-4 NLUs (NLS, NALSAR, NUJS, NLIU). The same trick which was used by LE for years.
Bhai I got NLIU in vacant seats. Still chose GNLU over it, would advise you to do the same. Batch of 2018 has already received 29 PPOs. 10 firms are coming for Day 0. GNLU has seen tremendous growth in terms of placement.
Ya sure, NLIU with its 2 PPOs are definitely leading the way. Also, the mooting record is unparalleled. Cut the crap, NLIU is dead and it's about time it gets buried.
Bhai spelling toh sahi se copy kar leta mere naam ki. cheap copy nhi lagta.
Does this mean that Ashleel Grover is from GNLU?? Yaar mil le kabhi :)
Never do that mistake, bro. NIRF provides jack-all useful metric for the students' purpose.
I am going to keep it short as we had numerous threads last year discussing the same thing.

- NLUJ
- GNLU
- NLIU
Hello thank you for your question.
I though cannot say that which University to opt for, but I would say just don't take admission in GNLU.

The reason for this is that the GNLU admin, and even the present VC is so so shameless and insensitive that they have forced the students to come back from 4th July on campus even when there has been a dangerous Covid outbreak in the University. The last time they opened, when the whole disunited student community in gnlu was pleading them not to open they opened , and the campus soon turned into a containment zoneeee. What an insensitive admin we have, please don't come here.what an utterly shit, insensitive admin we have got