Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
Hey guys, I appeared for CLAT this year- zero prep, estimating my score to be 65+
What should I do in this situation? Should I go for whatever NLU I get, also- which ones can I get into; or do I go for Christ/Nirma?
Take a drop, get into top 7 NLUs atleast.
NLS
NALSAR
NLUD
NUJS
NLUJ
GNLU
NLIU

Try to get into any of these NLUs, ideally top 3 but even top 7 will make your life so much more easier.
Update- Acc to the final answer key, my score is 72.5.
56.5k candidates appeared this year, 3.5k more than last year. Going by last year's merit list- my rank falls between 2.2- 2.4k. Please advise guys- NLU Sonepat/Shimla or Christ Bangalore/Nirma Gandhinagar?
This years clat was much more easier than last year and last to last year. Not to demotivate you but I feel its best you dont hope for any nlu. between christ and nirma, nirma Id say,
All those who downvoted...I know reality is a bitch but you gotta learn to take it. Thi guy got a 2665 rank and cant possibly get an NLU...just as I thought....so boo in your faces!
Drop a year, there is no point going to a below par law school. You life will be terrible if you're a first generation lawyer. I dropped thrice for CLAT and ended up in one of the top 3 law schools. Whereas, my friends from school decided to go to lower tier NLUs. Even though they had a 3 year head start than me, their life is terrible. One of them is in a lower tier firm with a low paying job, one switched career and the other one is a struggle advocate in a low tier city. The truth is, if you're not from the top 6,7 NLUs then your life will be excessively difficult. I though was average throughout law school and yet, I got a PPO. All of this because I am from a top tier NLU. People might tell you that law schools don't matter but the brutal reality is that our country is overly populated and hence your law school will often decide what type of life you are going to get. Also, it's better to take a drop year and struggle after 12th, then to do it after law school. After graduation if you're jobless, you life will be a living hell. Don't commit the mistakes my friends did and go to a top tier NLU or be ready to switch careers.
My father would resonant so much from your line of thought. I've got in 60s and he's like you should try until you crack top 3, he even agreed to pay the hefty amount of NLU sponsored seat if needed lol. You reminded me him tbh, is there anyway we could connect? Twitter, telegram, mail? I've a couple of doubts and it would be such a delight if you could address them :)
What's the cutoff? I'm outside Delhi def priority 6 with a rank of 2.6k
Joining Sonepat or Shimla would be akin to stepping into a landmine of administrative hassles. You won't have a very peaceful life due to the absence of alumni structure and other student bodies. Protests break out every now and then of course. Very stressful academic life overall due to constantly leaving faculty (whereas hiring takes a bit of time..)

On the other hand, Christ and Nirma aren't the best bets either but still better than the new NLUs.
Christ banglore or nirma anyday brother, also, if possible try for sls pune, and if you had registered for LSAT jindal is a better option.

SLS pune or Jindal are better than the options you mentioned above anyday.
Got waitlisted by Christ. Parents won't allow me to apply to Nirma because of the name, and my dad starts humming 'washing powder' nirma wala song whenever I talk about ILNU. I have applied to ALS Noida, UPES and GGSIPU
Doesn't matter. Everything is equally trash unless you get Top 5 NLUs.
Mods please publish all the comments, freaking out a bit after the results
Moderator, please pin this thread make it featured!!!

Who are the toppers and what are their college preferences ????
AIR195
Booking flights to Jodhpur.
Dont even ask why not NUJS.
If you have been to NUJS, you'd know.
Why? Could you please elaborate?
(This is a genuine query, not a troll)
NLUJ is a good place with decent students. But apart from a bigger campus and more spacious hostels, there is absolutely no other advantage that it has over NUJS as on date.
I've recently graduated from NUJS and I'm working at a T1 firm. NUJS beats NLU-J on all fronts, there's no question about it. NUJS placements are even better than NALSAR, so NLUJ doesn't even compare. Extra-curriculars and brand value is also much better at NUJS, NLU-J doesn't have an established extra-curricular culture a worse peer group in comparison. So take NUJS without thinking twice.
You'd know what lol? Except campus size, NUJS beats NLUJ in literally all other aspects. NLUJ can't compare to NUJS when it comes to placements (both foreign and domestic), extra-curriculars and brand value.

Congratulations, but you're definitely making a mistake.
I got rank more than 2k in clat pg despite working very hard...... (that's another story)
I have taken admission in christ as I had cleared their entrance but now the confusion is to choose between Jindal or Christ Banglore for the LLM program, plz genuinely advise which one is better or should I wait for the 2023 Clat which is in December?

Pls genuine advise only.
My AIR is 2665 guys. Gen cat, waiting for vacancies. In the meatime- I've been told there's a chance I can make it thru in the vacancies to- Trichy, Ranchi and possibly Assam. Opinions on them? Would love to read all the comments, mods. Please publish them
Got HPNLU Shimla in list 1 boys. Going for an upgrade. Thanks for the guidance bros and sis and everyone who contributed.