Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Got an offer from one of the Amarchands. They are offering a title called Senior Associate Designate. They said they will let me know the salary. Could someone shed light on what this SA-D and PA-D title is, and how much they get paid at SAM and CAM? I’ve got 5 years PQE in litigation, but they said they can’t give me SA directly. I’m wondering what this title entails. Do they have the same parameters as an SA or an A3?
Its A3 given a title close to what they want(SA Title) but never given what they want.Its an almost there ,but fact is not there yet.If you ask me,I would tell you to reject it and say the offer needs to be for SA.You don't want to be in A0-A3 category after 5 PQE,people don't stay or continue in that category and leave for good reasons.In one line designate is a title with no value,it just helps the firm fool unpromoted people into believing that they are on promotion track of that designation,this is done as temp retention so that they can find a replacement for unprofitable.oted who will likely look for greener pastures
I don't agree with this. In my case I was made SA (from SAD) in 4 months. Salary was at par with SA. I would say consider all your options and SAD might be a good option as well.
Are you me? I'm also in the process of getting lowballed by them hahaha.
Very soon it will become SA designated 1,principal designate 2 i.e. SAD1,SAD2,PAD1,PAD2 etc..........Foolung people is CAMs specialized super expertise
Hey, can you please tell me how hard did you find it to switch to a law firm from litigation? Is the relevant experience (in the sense that what you practiced in litigation is the same as the law firm team you are interviewing for) very necessary to switch to a law firm?
There is no more the usual reference of "Amarchands".That name was great but that firm is gone after CAM and SAM happened.Stop putting the ridiculous designate title created by one firm by using the Anarchand name.
Be cautious, they might say SA-D right now and tell you later that you are SA in waiting hence your designation might reflect as Associate in your signature/ Billings etc (this has happened with me). However this was not pre-disclosed to me so I negotiated to after joining to change my designation in signature etc. after joining.

Basically as an SAD you will be an SA in waiting and will be made in next appraisal. Your salary might be be same as an SA (in my case it was same as an SA).
A 130-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 156-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 72-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.