Read 27 comments as:
Filter By

P.S. - this image is not related to the NLUD team winning the NLUD IBC moot with NLUD alumni as most of the judges. Please don't spread hate
P.S. - Sending my college Moot court committee an application to remove this moot from our allocation list.
I did not know NLUD participated in our NLUD IBC moot. If we did, that is sad. We should at best have had a dummy team to replace any last minute withdrawals.

At least for moots like Price and ICC, there is good external pressure and oversight - the IBC moot is nowhere close in terms of oversight / prestige / independence. Unfortunate turn of events for us to participate in our own moot.
Lol. Please. NLUD teams access the memos of other teams after the regional rounds and before the international rounds. That's just one instance.
Organising University - NLUD
Winning Team - NLUD
Best Memo - NLUD
Best Speaker - NLUD

Excellent performance by all!
To be fair it's not like most of the alumni know any of the kids participating - and if you think any alum cares about compromising the moot by making some random kids from their college win a moot no one really knows or cares about, you're dead wrong.
Dude NLU D alums on Legally India have been fighting with me on how NLS is below par NLU D. If they can do that they can do anything to make it seem they are at the top.
Kaha bhai. Plus fighting on LI is not compromising on anyone's ethics. Also, the finals' bench had senior lawyers/ judges who were clearly not from NLUD. Do you think they had any vested interest in making NLUD win? What a load of hot air.
This argument is really unreasonable and childish.
Saying that since there were unbiased judges in the finals, NLUD won fairly.
Dear Alum, What about the rounds before the finals? And what about the people who were organising the Moot and scheduling the rounds and fixing everything, what about the people who gave individual marks to memos and speakers? How did they reach to the finals? How did they win Best Memo? how did they win best speakers?
Even assuming that the team members were the best prepared, can you not see even a little bit of conflict of interest?

Please make some sound arguments to save yourself and NLUD from embarrassment and make sure that such things never happen again. Even newer NLUs have this much common sense to understand what conflict of interest means.
Unlike what has been said above, this is not distinct from ICC or OxPrice at all (there is no external oversight or pressure). Memo evaluators do not know which team’s memos they are evaluating. Finals’ judges clearly thought that NLUD oralists were better than the other team. I understand that there is no foolproof argument to be made that NOUD alum judging previous rounds did not know the team members personally, but that level of credibility has to be afforded to the institution. Having spent five years there I can say with confidence that the number of effs given for domestic moots there are zero. While I have no idea why they got an NLUD team to participate in this, I can honestly say that if they are continuing the standards set out in earlier years, there is no chance that they’ll allow any sort of scams like the one alleged to take place. The rewards aren’t worth it. In fact, I’m sure that the organising committee was wincing when they saw the results. No one wanted this, but it happened. Unless of course you prove to the contrary with some evidence instead of crying wolf.
Bhai kya keh rha hai tu?
Ever heard of conflict of interest? There is a reason why other colleges like NLUJ do not allow their students to participate in their own moots.
So maybe it was wrong to have NLUD participate but please don't denigrate NLUD like this. It is still a very young law school and has done exceedingly well in a short time, ranking #2 in NIRF for four years in a row, ahead of much older law schools. Also, the real test of mooting ability comes from international moots and there NLUD has done very well.
What is even an IBC moot? You literally have to just fill out a form if you're the Petitioner!
That's just factually inaccurate - Swiss Ribbons, ArcelorMittal et cetera were not SC decisions on form-filing.
Swiss Ribbons is more constitutional than insolvency. It arose out of Writ Petitions filed in SC challenging the IBC.
A 6-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
I wish i chose nlud during counselling...regretting my life choices
is this the Arun Jaitley IBC moot or the other IBC moot by NLUD, someone please clarify.