Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I am a fresher who started working this month at a Tier 1 lala firm. I spent the last five years working really hard (As everyone does to get into these Tier 1 firms). As a result, I lost a lot of important people in my life because I was always doing something or the other.

Before I got my job, I met this beautiful person almost an year back and we started dating. She was with me during the whole recruitment period and handled my crying, self doubts and everything. We're both 23 and really want to have a life together. But after I've joined, I can barely give time to her. Plus the fact that we're in different cities now. She is okay with long distance, but the least she wants is for me to talk to her, which also I can't do because of the bad work hours at my firm. No one is actually making me stop that late at night, but my peers are doing it and I feel I'm missing out on achievements because I'm leaving early to go home and talk to my partner.
Some guys are also taking extra work on weekends whereas I try to keep my weekends free, to be with her.
I am stuck in this tussle as to what's important, trying my best to have a future with her, or eventually getting distant from her by trying to have a shinning future at a law firm.
Please let me know your views on this LI peeps.
Same scenario here

Early morning convos help. Try different e-date ideas: stuff that you can do over the weekends say cooking, or cleaning up.
fix up a specific time every day outside of work hours to talk and catch up.

if you see a future with her in the long run, it is defo worth putting in the efforts :)
U hav 2 manage both beta. My wyf told me long bk - wat d point of ur mttrs, fame, clients & money if me nt happy in our rltnshp coz u nt der 4 me. In our profssn, a lovng partnr by ur syd whom u also luv & rspct is paramnt n d gr8tst supprt, prsnly n profsnly. Der is no option but 2 mange both. Stop thinking lyk a victim & think like a doer. Den u vl become a man.
I'm sorry, appreciate your thoughts. But your writing gave me cataract.
Uncle maine aapke against Mental Harassment ki complain daal deni hai. Bohot gande ho aap!
Bohut pitoge. Itni achchhi advice is tarah se koun type karta hai bey?
My friend, firms will come and go. Love will not. Choose love over anything else. All the best.