Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Whenever I visit my relatives, one shot is always fired at me;
You speak so less, lawyer kaise banega... law ma toh bahot bolna padta hai... you speak so less

Basically, the fact is, I am an introvert and I generally don't open up in public spaces and tend to remain silent. In my belief I have done decent in my law schools with good publications, good internships and above-average grades etc. My question is, I do lack social skills so, should I not join law given my introvert nature?
Being introvert is fine and often people confuse introversion with social anxiety. If you don't want to speak often that's alright but make sure you don't have social anxiety. You will make connections, you will need to ask for favours, you will need to do moots and debates and if you're able to do all of that then it's absolutely alright.
Ekdum Waahiyaat sawaal. 2 minute barbaad kar diye ye likhne mein. Bhai aise hi jeevan ke 2-2 minute vyarth vyatit karte jaaoge toh ek din jo thoda bohot bol rahe ho wo bhi bolne ke laayak nahi bachoge samaaj mein. Chalo abb jaa ke kaam karo jo maine tumko 4 ghante pehle diya tha.
A question to ask before this one - are you an introvert, or are you just shy?
This is actually a good question. Now I'm also having second thoughts
Read Susan Cain's Quiet.
Short answer- you're wrong and law and chit chat don't intertwin much.
Also people like you have psychologically been proven to be of greater intellect and better observers of human traits and nature, so up to that.
Not at all buddy, some of the best lawyers in our country were are introverts, reserved. Also lawyers Job is not to yap but to speak when required in the most precise and short way. In no way lawyers should be loud aggressive. Screw what Bollywood portrays lawyers as being overly extroverted
Absolutely not. Some introverts I know are excellent lawyers. They have an innate ability to cut through the BS, argue facts well and get the job done. The one area where you might have to put in some extra effort is in terms of networking, but that applies to pretty much any professional field these days. Don’t worry, you’ll be great.
Why is no comment being published? Aisa kya likh rahe hai sab? I'm sure at least one of them must be complying with LI community standards
OP here
Why aren't the above comments published? Eagerly waiting for the opinions