Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
I am currently a 2nd year student at a Tier 1 NLU located in a state with very hot weather. I would like to know what people in different law schools do to reduce their discomfort in horrid heat waves.

I like to study alone so going to the library is also not an option.
Take plenty of water, fruits. You can also buy small coolers for a single room assuming your hostel rules allow it. Failing that, there are material available for curtains that you can use that would reduce the heat somewhat. Carry an umbrella if you walk outside during daytime. Avoid eating spicy food.
What has heat wave to do with you bein in a Tier 1 NLU? Do people outside the NLU campus not feel the heat?
No no, I think s/he meant the heat from all the students being hot cakes that every Tier 1 law firm will pick up.
Launda poochh bhi law school waalon se raha hai. Humse poochhta ki Munna Bhaiyya garmi lag rahi hai, kya karein to hum batate use.
Understand and sympathise with the post as summers sometimes saw 38Β°C weeks, in a stuffy room.
Eat light, avoid salty oily and processed foods
Bathe twice a day one of which is before bedtime, it cools down the body and clears the sticky sweat and grime
Spend daytime in AC areas
Modify study patterns as you have no other option
Buy a cooler but they are not too helpful
Use curtains that filter sunlight, keep the room shaded
You must be from NLUJ, We wonder who you are and what’s your rank :)
The way I handled heat while was in a Tier 1 law school was to get born into a low middle class family.
If you can buy a computer exhaust fan, a few pipes, a bucket and a pump you can make an air cooler.
Find an empty bottle of Colin (or any other spray bottle). Fill it with drinking water. Spray yourself with cold mist every 10-20 mins.
Survived my 5 years at NLUJ doing this.
I was also in Jodhpur and lived the whole time without a cooler (long story). Often in others rooms as well, we would switch off fans and coolers to avoid joints burning out fast.

And heat wasn't a big deal at all. You anyway escape the worst of it during the summer vacation.

During the rest of the summer, we'd chill in boxers in the hostels and sweat it out. Many friends had really effective coolers, which made their rooms really comfortable. For other like me, sweating a little didn't kill any one I know. The mornings and evenings were always pleasant anyway.

Other general common sense rules include drinking water when you feel thirsty. Not roaming around when it's really hot - although I really don't remember even a single time when the heat stopped me from roaming around - at different times, outpasses and lack of money were a larger obstacle.

This is just common sense. I'm surprised someone has to spell this out.
Quit your law school and join RGNUL. Kya mast AC chalta udhar hostel me...ekdum comfy.
Wouldn't an air-cooler be of help? I remember reading somewhere that NLUJ allows students to install air-coolers in their rooms.
A 21-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.