Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Hey Guys,

I am an Articled Clerk pursuing my last year of BLS LLB from GLC. I am about to join DVA next month as an Articled clerk. If y'all have worked there as an intern/associate or AC, kindly share your experiences.
Worked there in their Banking team a while back. Found it to be a very good place to work. Heard they recently have increased the retainer fee as well but not sure of the actual figures.

The seniors are really good to work with, ive never faced any issue during my time. Their work is real estate centric but they've been doing Banking and IBC for sometime as well. Would recommend 100%.
DVA is the best firm to work. The seniors are amazing, there's alot of work so there's alot to learn. The partners are also way too good. There are no problems and issues at all when it comes to work. You will certainly have a very good experience.
The work culture of the firm in particular of ALL THE REAL ESTATE TEAMS is horribly toxic. The working hours are somewhere between 12 - 15 hours per day. A0 - A3 Associates are intentionally called up on Sundays and public Holidays for so called "Urgent Deliverables" which are nothing more than making Flow Charts, Tables and Excel Sheets. The Associates are asked to remain available for calls and emails 24/7. The Senior Associates right up to the Associate Partners have all given up on their lives and are trying to imbibe that into their juniors relentlessly.
Agreed!! Worked with the real estate team as an intern, the work culture is horrible and most of the people on the real estate team are toxic. Working with them is like sending an invitation to bad mental health. The associate I was working under and his team are beyond horrible they treat interns like trash!!