Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I am graduating next year so, I have been shortlisting firms that I want to apply to. Could LI users give their honest opinion on which Capital Market teams in India are the best to work with?
Criteria- Non-toxic, Environment where you can develop, learn and grow.
Thanks.
Bhai Capital Markets me kyun jana hai? Law firm ka clerk bhi cap marks ke A0 se zyada application of mind karta hoga. Aur "learn and grow" nai hota cap marks me, you'll only learn ms word and how to compare documents.
Indus Delhi - Partners are hands on and keep a close tab on transactions. PAs give you time and space to get used to the work. Lots of (mostly) constructive feedback. Leaves are encouraged.
Gold Standard - S&R, Induslaw, CAM

Tier 1 - SAM, Trilegal, KCO, JSA, L&L, TT&A

Tier 2 - Juris Corp, Bharucha, ALMT, SNG, Crawford Bayley, Rajani
How is AZB (Bombay) for CapMarks, isnt the Mumbai office known for its marquee deals? And yeah, its tough to make it to Induslaw's CM team. The pedigree there is a class apart and is a testament of their work in the recent years. Any other insights would be appreciated, thank you.
Does DSK have a Capital Markets team in Delhi? As far as debt capital markets is concerned, I have heard good things about SNG (Delhi), TTA (Mumbai) and ZBA(Mumbai) if I am not wrong. Spotted Rajani and JSA in a few deals here and there too, appreciate all the insights shared herein above. Would love to know more about going for a financial regulatory role and the concerned law firms involved (except Finsec and Juris Corp). I am an NLU-D fourth year student who is more inclined towards this niche area of law, thank you Trilegal SA1.
I'm currently interning at T1 cap markets and there is no work for interns. I haven't been assigned a single task yet, even though I'm versed with securities and Capital market law and have mentioned the same in work allocation mails. Can anyone please tell me where am i going wrong
Where are you interning? Associates are usually drowning with work in a CM team since there is too much diligence and the pressure is high. If you are not getting work, the team either doesn't trust you enough (given the high stakes of you messing up) or the firm you are at simply is not engaged with a mandate.

Note: great capital markets deals are usually given only to the best firms as pointed out by Trilegal SA1 and the same is very cyclical in nature. As far as financial regulatory roles are concerned - KCO, Trilegal and S&R (barring Juris Corp and Finsec/Regstreet) are top tier.

Caution: Enter capital markets in a Tier 1 at your own peril given the insane deadlines and stress involved.

Best of Luck!
Sorry but how can I instill that confidence or trust if they dont assign me work at first place. I've been getting work for disputes team now. I spent 2 months going through the Securities and Capital markets module and Corporate funding module of ICSI to get versed. Seems like it is now rendered meaningless