Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
How is the institution against him exactly? The university has not asked this student to vacate or sent a notice. There is no system in the university where any student can 'impose' their seniority on anyone else for a room. The student against whom such imposition has been made has not yet complained to the university authorities. In fact, one wonders at the timing, since it is not summer vacation and no student is even on campus. Is the university supposed to eavesdrop and moderate personal student communication over whatsapp and email now? Matlab kuchh bhi!
Where's the evidence that there were anti-casteist motivations?

It could just be a bully doing this to any one - out of a sense of entitlement and privilege that comes with being upper class.

Being motivated by anti-caste feelings requires a different kind of evidence. Let's not randomly stoke divisions without doing homework.
Areyy mazak kiya hoga usney. Just because usney vacate bola woh hatega thori he, kuch bhi bolte ho tum nalle log.
More power to the victim. What is wrong with kids these days bringing caste into the hostels. Thank god this was not the case back in my days. Hope good sense prevails and the perpetrator is brought to justice.

The victim, please drop a mail to the alumni nujs mail group and I will assist with any legal, non-legal and personal help that you may require. NOt dropping my id here for privacy concerns.
Stop stalking this forum for news about your alma if you really care about the place. You can do better.
OP HERE

MISREAD THE SITUATION. THE POST IS NOT ACCURATE. LI TEAM PLS DELETE.
Wtf. That's how the rooms are allocated in NUJS. In case two students want to opt for the same room, preference is given to the person having higher GPA. That's what the process is. I don't understand the reason for bringing caste in this matter. Due to the error at hostel office's end, that particular room was mistakenly allocated to a lower ranked student, and I am sure that the same will be rectified soon.
At every college, room allocation happens on basis of ranks. If a student has scored has higher rank, then obviously he would have first right over the room. Stop playing victim card all the time. If present general muslims are not responsible for actions of Muslims invaders of medieval times, then present generation Upper caste too aren't responsible for caste discrimination that happened 100-200 years ago.
Not true at all. At NALSAR room allocation in the hostels is on a random basis. Further, it is ensured that there is no semblance of rank-based room allocation.
NALSAR hostel rooms are more or less indistinguishable from each other in terms of features. That's not true at NUJS, with some rooms being single, others being double and still others being double with triple occupancy.
This type of militant wokeism is causing disunity among students when the focus should be to unite and fight against corruption, nepotism and political interference.
Time to boycott Legally India. Legitimate criticisms of the NUJS admin is blocked and instead fake news is published to divide the student body.