Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hi Everyone!

I am an incoming associate in the Disputes Practice of a Mumbai-based law firm. Since I have a month’s time before I join, I wished to know if there is anything I should do to prepare myself for the job?
For eg., Are there any laws that I must read beforehand?

I would be really grateful if you all could share your suggestions!

Thank You.
Start going to mental health clinic first. I want to see for how many hrs u can survive in the toxic workplace.
I feel sorry for A0s that are afraid to enjoy their last days of freedom before they officially join firms.The pressure and fears of toxic work cultures and unhelpful job-training seniors is so much that they are trying to prep themselves before they join the firms.sad and pathetic times in law firms.
Read the Key to Practice by Mulla. Get yourself familiar with the HC Original Side Rules (available online) and the City Civil and Sessions Court Rules. Refresh the following: (a) Law of Contract (b) Law of Specific Relief (c) Law of Tort (d) Rent Control and Tenancy Acts (e) Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
Read the arbitration act. You'll find a lot of material online. If you have access, read files. Learn how to read an agreement. You can also try reading commercial judgments, try to understand the facts. Commercial judgments are generally fact extensive. Pay attention to them. This will help you in understanding the disputes in a better manner