Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, as mentioned in the question, is it compulsory to intern in the first year of law school, if i don't will it harm my chances of getting a good internship in upcoming years??

Reason for asking this question is i barely have 10 days before the courts close down for summer vacation, and no good advocate is ready to take me in especially for such a short period of time.
Second year also okay but it’s important to intern because there is a very big gap between what is taught to us in school and what is actually practised in real life.
certificate ke liye karle warna banwalio certificate. tabtak upskill kar baaki cheeze karke. third fourth and fifth year mein yes its important to intern. first year mein you can skip it.
Yes.

Infact you should have had a paralegal internship immediately after class 12 boards.

Are you even remotely serious about your career?
There is no reason to be sarcastic here. Being kind and giving the right advice to a first year student won't hurt you, I hope?
No, absolutely not. In first year, they barely teach you law.

Intern with an NGO and get associated- in case you wish to pursue LLM later from outside India.
I'm not ashamed to say that I am a nepo kid who got a Big 7 internship in the first year. The firm asked me to come back and eventually made me an offer (on merit). So yes, interning in the first year in a firm can help.