Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
I’m working at a boutique law firm with no work life balance. My law firm timings are 9 am to 12 am, which is very occasionally - almost everyday. I regret doing law because of no work life balance.

I wanted to known, is it usual for everyone? In which law firm do you work and what are your timings (exit)?
Working from home: 11am to 7pm, 5 days a week. Once a week or so there are meetings after 7pm with EU & US clients. I nap around 2.30pm everyday post lunch. Catch is that I make 50% of what I'd make at equivalant position at a T1 firm.
Would love to work at a place like this sometime in the future. I understand you would probably not be willing to name your firm. Alternately, could you please name 5-6 firms (including yours), which have a similar culture?
Please, this is exactly the kind of place I've been looking for. Even if it pays 50% of T1, it's good enough. Could you share a list of a few such firms, including yours? Also, what is your practice area?
Q1. Have you never opened LI in the five years while pursuing law?
Q2. If you did, then, did you never come across someone bitching about no work life balance?
Q3. If you did, then, did you assume they were over-selling or lying about it?
Q4. Why does hard law firm timings immediately make you regret doing law? There are other avenues you may take still - grad studies in law or otherwise and moving into academia, or maybe writing the civil/judicial service exams, or maybe even trying your hand at practice!

Do any of those but do spare us the moaning. Leave law (firm or generally) if you must, you aren't the second-coming the profession has been waiting on.
Whether anyone has opened LI or not is not the question here.

People like you promote toxic work culture and who make their juniors life hopeless. You may not have a life but other’s do (outside their law firm). So instead of questioning the question, you should rather speak out about the timings.
Informing yourself about the career path you pick is your responsibility.
What about that cohort of Jindal grads you hired lol

Ten bucks says this is some random first year with too much time between classes and too few friends
You are the product of your environment. My environment is the product of me.
You GTFO from this conversation if you don't like it.You are totally not wanted in this conversation and hence when you GTFO,we will be happy to not have a replacement for you
You need to rethink your life if that's happening every day. I work at a boutique PE/VC law firm and for us, the timing is from 10:30 to 8:30 occasionally stretching up to 11 pm. But our firm has recently implemented a policy to have a hard stop at 7:30 pm with few exceptions and have a half-day on Saturday. Plus never worked on Sunday.
OP here: thanks much - your comment makes me really think if I should continue. Just to clarify, it’s the timing of the firm (9AM - 12 AM). I take my dinner everyday to the office plus I’ve just graduated.
Everyone's timings at T1 are pretty much the same pathetic no-life timings.Thts because you got lawyer degree but the fresh lawyers are just a bunch of servants for Tier 1 law firms.At a boutique law firm you ought to have it a little better but that depends on the firm.
Same on some days- if these are your timings everyday that’s crazy.
Also if you all can share how to create a balance and prioritise your health in such bad working hours with literally no off days?!!!
http://www.geocities.ws/kream77/amarchand.html

Mantra 1 – Negative Oppression – Amarchand thrives on negative oppression. Take a brilliant mind, oppress it with negativity, constant criticism, uncertainty and transform such brilliance into craven commercial greed.

Unless they make you greedy and tired they will not be able to slave it out at such places for years together.So the toxic culture is to make you hungry and overworking is to tire you to the extent that you stop thinking about life and just keep running the mindless ract race that bodes well for them.Once you stop performing they get rid of you
What's new about this.......everyone knows about "top" law firm of Amarchand...and everyone knows how bad present CAM working culture is.......but what can you expect from an owner who was not even good to his own mother and she disinherited him from her assets.....And Lord,when he tried to take away some part of her assets this brother sued him....
That's too much work. The work culture in this banana republic is toxic and unproductive.
I am still a CLAT aspirant but this scares me guess the hype created by coaching institutes around law firms is just a facade nobody talks about the grind & the working hours but all talk salary. I am glad that I am reading this before hand.
I start working at 9am and continue till 7:30am, then go home take shower and come back by 9am!
A 12-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 43-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 95-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.