Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Various courts, on their websites, provide for accessing Case Status on the basis of certain parameters. However, barring for the district courts and some high courts which use the e-Courts website, all other HCs and the SC have their unique interface. Which of these is most accessible and why? Delhi HC’s system is perhaps one of the more advanced, providing for all details of applications (including whether pending or disposed), easy accessibility of orders, and info regarding who filed what. E-courts on the other hand does not provide the orders - mostly because the clerks at lower courts cannot be bothered to update case details regularly and efficiently. It is a very backward system. Which other court provides a sufficiently advanced interface which provides all the required info and is effective? What are the shortcomings in the CS interfaces you regularly interact with? Do lawyers in lower courts find e-Courts efficient? Do you think the government should adopt blockchain and technology and create a uniform system for getting case statuses?
Not a litigator here but just want to say, inadvertently, the best, most informative system is the Supreme Court's system for how much case-related information it carries on a single page. You practically don't need anything else and can find out everything about the case, down to the case number of the impugned and so on. But smoothest system may be the DHC's system, tracking cases is simple. Now, for the award of the worst case management system, the winner is: Allahabad HC. Just try doing the whole captcha thing at every single step of the research. Incredibly frustrating. (The number of times you have to do captcha-based verification should be one criteria, if anyone is undertaking research on this topic).

I am not sure employing blockchain or any such thing will immediately help the system. The SC E-Committee is working hard to put systems in place, demerits or merits aside. Proper equipment, internet connectivity, ensuring that orders are uploaded are basics that no technology itself can improve. Some will has to come from within for judges.

One thing I would like to see some improvement in is the way case categorisations work. Each HC has their own system of categorising cases, (and then into abbreviations, but let's think about the larger problem) and the SC has its own method of doing this. Its pretty difficult to track down if you are researching across courts (as opposed to being a practitioner at a single court) because say enforcement petitions or criminal appeals are tagged in one way at the DHC and another at the Punjab & Haryana HC. Hope others recognise what I am referring to. Happy to hear their thoughts.
SC's website is hands down the best. Beats all other courts by a margin which is bigger than huge.

Concept of Office Report, Lower Court Details, Similarities / Tagged Matters, Listing Details etc. is unique and unparalleled. Those who are saying that DHC or some other HC is best, are not familiar with SC's website.

For every unique feature available on some other HC's website and not available on SC's' (but is relevant for SC), I will donate Rs. 10,000/- to a charitable cause of your choosing.
Question is too broad. But usually HCs have decent website. The w courts website is good but some courts’ info is hard der to find on it
Looking at someone's comment below about the decline in DHC's website quality, I'm wondering if Ecourts - with its recent improvements - is going to be the norm and standard. Already many HCs, which had their own websites, have moved to Ecourts.
Calcutta HC just started displaying passover matters and messages on the display board effective 3rd January '24. Good move.
Delhi HC used to be excellent.

They revamped it about a year ago (or less?) and it's considerably worse now. For e.g., now you can't open two orders at once: say, if you click on the link for order for 05.01.2023, it will open in a new tab. Then if you click for the order for 10.02.2023, it will open that order in the same tab as the previous one. So you can't just click on all the orders of a case so that they open in separate tabs and you can see/print them easily. You have to click on a link, see the order, come back, click on the next link, see the order...

Also, interestingly, under the "orders" tab if you search "case wise", there's no option for 2024 yet. The latest year is 2023. Such niggles didn't exist in the previous version of the website. Don't know why they revamped something that wasn't broken.
@waqeel -- wish to connect and speak to you sir. I am a fellow litigator. Pls drop ur throwaway mail
Updated in May 2023 during my internship. Was a pain to adjust to the new system.
It will take 20 years, because legal profession trail behind the world for at least 20 years.