Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Salaried professionals are milked by the government for taxes, when rich farmers are untaxed and rich businessmen conceal their income illegally. But how can we reduce our taxes? Any ideas? I am not talking about small change like PPF etc but big amounts. The common ways people suggest are buying agricultural income, pooling in money into a Hindu Undivided Family scheme, charging some clients in cash etc. Anyone tried these and would like to share?

This comment should be featured!
tbh, income tax is an anomaly. absolutely unnecessary. you have indirect tax so stay happy with that
1. As per the NSS* 77th Round on β€œSituation Assessment of Agricultural Households and Land and Livestock Holdings of Households in Rural India, 2019” an average farming household# makes Rs 10,218 per month. Yet, educated idiots like to use the 'tax evading' farmer as a way to begin a conversation on how you can hide your income from the state.

2. Even the big farmer (10+ acres of land) makes little more than merely Rs 30,000 per month as a household.

3. The figures shared above are not merely farming incomes, but incomes of a farming household. They represent all income made by those families. As per the survey, only about a third of the income actually comes from agrarian activity.

Yet, partners at law firms like you (some of who might have been batch mates with me - graduated from a top law school in early 2000s) come to a public site and put your miseries on the same level as the farmers of India. Shame on you.

If you think there is such profits in farming, aap kar lijiye! Chalo chodd, aapse nahin hoga - aap karaa lijiye!! The truth is aap iss layak bhai nahi hain.

* National Sample Survey for the uninitiated.
# This means a family of four.
bhai jameen aur paisa hota toh mai farming business me hi hota, profitable, tax free and less competitive if you are educated and smart.
the problem is farmers are not educated or smart. this needs to be solved. and then they need to be taxed.
It sucks paying tax in a country where corrupt politicians, IAS officers and businessmen loot thousands of crores of rupees and pay zero tax, while pampered rich farmers are not even taxed under the law.

Paying income tax in India = subsidising crooks and freeloaders. High time someone files a PIL about this.
[Merged subject: How can I save tax if I am a high earner?]

I’m not talking about baby stuff like PPF or NPS, but big game like buying agricultural land, parking money offshore etc.