Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
I haven't come across Lexygen until recently on a salary thread here. Is this law firm any good to work with?The partner seems transparent about how much they pay their associates, the firms location is beautiful. Everything seems perfect. Should I apply to work with their Gen Corp team?
Lexygen does some really good deals in the VC/PE/M&A space. If you look them up on twitter or linkedin you will see that they are hiring.

I hope this helps.
Oh thanks! You're from the firm management? Can I get in touch with you?
Extremely toxic. Vijay is the only good person in the firm and he rarely works with you as an intern.
Toxic. Enough said. Remember the last time your manager called your team your family and then you eventually realized all the rich family members backstabbed you. But then you were glad you actually have an actual family. If you are a fan of deja vu, go for it.
Hi, I found this thread very useful while making my decision, and had verified the same with few working at lexygen at that point. Hope it helps you!

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/161616-high-paying-boutique-firms
I had also applied and interviewed. Considering the inability to retain fee earners despite being a botique firm, it's apparent that there's no motivation or appreciation factoring in. Heard it's much more hierarchical than other firms and you end up working on all days. May as well go with tier 1 where there's transparency on work culture / expectations and no facade on pay. Hope this helps you!
A 5-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Friends with someone who used to work there. Never once heard them say good things about the firm. All the work culture marketing is empty PR. Apparently there are some incompetent and hostile mid-level associates (pretty much common across all firms) who pretty much pass on all their work to interns, and love to micro-manage. The MP is well aware of this, but decides to turn a blind eye, preferring instead to create posts here. Don't know if it has changed now, but they aren't regular with the salary payments either, and end up giving you an earful if you ask questions.
I can say from first-hand experience (I used to work there and left for personal reasons) that most of the negative stuff written above is rubbish. Lexygen has great work and most of the people there are really nice and helpful folks. The last thing anyone can say about them is that they're toxic! It's very sad that this firm and the good people there are being unfairly targeted by some people with vested agendas.

OP, if you are genuinely considering Lexygen I would suggest that you don't listen to these baseless comments. Apply to them and figure out for yourselves what you think of the firm and then decide. I'm not saying everything is perfect but it is surely one of the better options today in the market if you want to do PE/VC and M&A.
What vested agendas would random internet strangers have against the helpful folks at a largely unknown firm of 10(-ish?) fee earners?
Why would you presume they are "random strangers" when the tone and content of those negative comments indicate that they are not exactly strangers to the firm but ppl pushing an agenda?
I feel the comments on legally India are far too toxic. Discount it a bit. I’m not trying to say it’s all gung-ho though; exercise moderation :)
A 35-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
If I'm not mistaken lexygen is about 15 to 16 years old and i heard that they have so far in their history promoted only 2 persons who have been with the founder from the beginning. If you're looking for growth - this is the last place for that. Everyone else is a mere inessential robot.
I have heard that the management has some super competitive people who in order to maintain their position before the managing partner try to take credit for everyone's work.

My friend was told during the interview that the firm has non toxic friendly culture that promotes work life balance.

However, to my friend's suprise, rather than focusing on productivity, the management used to intimidate over petty matters like office timings, completion of non - billable assignments.
I work here as an associate. The atmosphere is very respectful and fun. The seniors push you hard on work when there are deadlines but they are also very fair and considerate people. I love the place.
I am not sure how much should a review be believed when it uses superlative expressions like 'love'. Could you please share how much time have you spent at the organisation to take the review seriously.
About a year or so. That is enough time for me to arrive at my view. Why is it so hard to believe that I am an associate who loves his/her job and workplace? Are there so few of us these days who love their jobs and firms?
A 3-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.