Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
So I have a few friends who have interned at the firm and received PPOs. The organisation pays a lot of attention to culture and is top class! In fact, the firm looks for a culture fit while assessing a candidate. The mentorship they provide under their assessment program is brilliant is what I have heard. Apparently, they pay 14 lac per annum + variable bonus which is brilliant!
It's March time.. it's a silly tactic to pull down the reputation of good firms who may actually be taking the conscious effort of doing things a bit differently.
When a firm or a partner talks more about the work-culture rather than the work, don't join them.
How much do they pay to freshers ( non- nlu) at Veritas Legal for the dispute resolution team?
Great great firm, but if I am being honest, slightly worried about their future. One of the founding partners, NV, recently made a big move to AZB. God knows how many juniors and clients of his will follow suit. Alongside AJ, he was definitely the major rainmaker there. Big loss unfortunately.
founding partner? Not really! - when Azb was not impacted by his departure 7 years back how can Veritas be impacted with AJ being the main rainmaker
Never said AZB was impacted by his departure 7 years back - he was relatively a very junior partner. But Veritas not being impacted with his departure at this point of time? That's just BS - I think you're a hater. Also, AJ NV and RD are in fact the founding partners - please get your facts straight!
From what I’ve heard recently through some sources is that the firm basically promises a higher bonus and towards the end of the year leaves the associates with a much lower bonus, and pointless increments. Basically they try to justify the same by gathering up negative reviews, most of which aren’t true or relevant. There’s been a high attrition rate because of such toxic behaviour and that will remain the case or may get worse. So proceed with caution, in case any one is interested in working there.
Attrition? You got your stats wrong buddy. The firm is hiring year on year, actually mentoring freshers. Given the size of the firm, it's really going all out with providing the best possible work culture. Infact, i heard they have bought a new office in the same building. The firm is expanding and how!
They help you stay organized. Making records of all print outs you give is top class indeed.
Apart from time sheets keeping track of your billables, you are also required to maintain a printer master sheet to keep track of what prints your are giving and for which matter.
This gathering of negative reviews and reducing bonusat appraisal time as a MO is famous toxic tactic at one of the family owned T1 law firms.This firm faces major attrition and the same ia bound to happen at Veritas.
How can one even compare azb and veritas? Their journeys are totally different. The background of the founding lawyers are poles apart. Their team size cannot be compared. I wonder if people apply their minds a little before posting baseless comments .
What is their pay at A2 and A3 levels? Also, why NV left the firm?
A 29-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Great firm overall in terms of work and culture. Would have been good all round except for the HR. They're impatient, immature, condescending and passive aggressive and do not flinch from making disparaging comments on one's physical appearance. Upon inquiring among friends and co interns, I learnt that this is a repetitive behaviour. It's a shame because I actually liked working there but this made me want to run out the door. Strongly discourage applying here unless you really need the job or the money (which is pretty good).
A 24-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.