Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
Oh boy, boys ragging may look harsh but is always in good spirit and fun. Girls can get very very mean.
"but it is always in good spirit and fun"

stfu. Stop playing down ragging. Stop it.
You can take your good spirit and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. It's a standard defence of bullies that whatever they do is in good spirit.
This is just from my anecdotal experiences from talking to 22+ girls in my law school and other NLUs and from my female co-interns.
Girls are as toxic if not more. Guys might even take it on ego or start a fight and next day hang out like bros.
Girls don't do that, they are usually very nice upfront, but behind the back their friendships mostly are very fragile and not based on trust. If you pick a fight with a girl, she will not let it go ever and will keep a grudge for rest of her life. Girls generally have more jealousy and backstabbing tendencies than guys have among each other.
As for the ragging, it is less prevalent in girls' hostels than it is in the guys' hostels, but when they do, it's not for fun or with the intention to know the person, it is done to strip away the self confidence of the victim and to make her feel insecure.
My law school has a gang of mean girls who are ten times worse than those gossipy neighbourhood aunties we come across. They comment on the skin colour, dress sense and English accent of junior girls and slut-shame those junior girls they do not like. They giggle at junior boys on their face for no reason, to make them feel insecure. It is time people complain to the college admin against such mean girls gangs.
Let me give you an example of how bullying by girls looks like. At my law school, there is a certain female prof who is absolutely terrible. A couple of girls started a campaign to complain to the VC about this terrible professor. A group of "rival" girls supported these girls in public but spread a vicious fake rumour behind their back that these girls want to complain as they are jealous about the "good looks" of this female professor.

My advice to boys is just to have a few female friends in law school who you can trust. Girls who are genuinely kind and nice without any agenda, who will be loyal friends.
Stay away from fake TikTok-Instagram girls. You never know when they will speak behind your back online.
There continues the sexism in LI! No matter what men do (even if it involves weird physical stuff), it’s the women who are criticised. Shameful.
Exactly right? The responses to this thread are so sexist and misogynist. It feels as though men will pounce at every opportunity to portray women as evil, scheming villains.
Girls hostel ragging is rare. Ragging there (if it exists - is not textbook examples of ragging)

Boys Hostel - almost every NLU during my time had ragging. Sometimes even in an excessive way - involving police/authorities.

But the difference is - Boys hostel ragging is mostly for fun, not for egoistic/vengeance purposes. At the end of 3 months - you will end up becoming best friends and smoke weed and drink.

Girls hostel ragging doesn't look like ragging. It's mostly about ego/psychological power struggles and putting down the other person emotionally, socially boycotting them and excluding them from everywhere you can.
Girls ragging girls therefore is far more dangerous than boys ragging boys - it depresses the other person.

You will see fights at boys hostel - and the same people who beat each other will forget the issue and walk together after a week. With regards to girls - it's not like that. Sometimes you feel that women are women's biggest enemies. It's rare to see girls who once became enemies becoming friends again; but very normal for boys to be friends after a big fight.

As a girl/boy you don't want a girl as your enemy ; because she will wait for the right opportunity to give you a blow. You may have forgotten the issue; but she wouldn't.

From what I have heard ragging altogether is rare from 2016's.

Also,

Gender stereotypes are wrong. It's unfortunate that I wrote things in a stereotypical way. But this is purely based on personal experiences.

There is no fun ragging - any ragging is bad and must be stopped.
He is correct. Boys are the most cordial. We as friends will fuck you (not literally, or career or academic wise) but won't let others fuck you (in whatever way - not even as a joke).
Bacchon ki bakchodi padhne me alag maza hai... Keep the threads coming
A 80-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Bumping this thread up in view of the Bishop Cotton girls viral video today. Shows that girls can be just as vicious is boys.
Do you remember the Wonder Woman 1984 movie? Let's just say that some NLU girls are kind and helpful like Diana/WW and some are villains like Dr Minerva/Cheetah. I am not going to comment on the ratio but you can ask any NLU student about the truth.
Just stay away from girls in law school and make with friends with girls from regular colleges. Law schools are just too toxic.
A 7-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.