Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
I'm 5th year law student from Private College (not known at all and have 0 placements)
I've some 10 internship experience (3-4 tier 1)
Please help me out by advising or guiding me!!
I want job in corporate transactions and I don't know how I can get it. Please guide me how I can approach it and what should I do?

I'm so confused! Please consider helping me.
Firstly, please explain why corporate transactions?

Do you actually find it interesting? Or have you been brain washed to run after money?
Hey!
I've tried interning and researching on various other laws! But corporate laws/transactional subjects I love to work on or dig more into it!
Firstly - stop glorifying Tier 1 internships. We all know how people get it easily with contacts. I’m not generalising, nevertheless , I’ve had horrible experiences with interns who brag about their list of T1 internships but doesn’t know shit. HRs also don’t care about T1 internships anymore. It’s more important what you know about the subject and what have you learnt during your internships, be it T1/2/3/4.

Now, since you’re from a private college with no placements - I would strongly suggest you to start looking for T3/4 firms in your interest area and make your mark there, and learn as much as you can. Eventually, move up the ladder to T1/2.

All the best!
Thank you so much for your advice! I'll surely keep it into my mind and walk the ladder.

I'm not glorifying it. I've several experiences where these brands for Internship matter a lot for rejection and acceptance for my application.

And, about bragging, it is done by students who doesn't give a penny thought about the work quality while interning ;-)

Thank you so much!!
Gave me goosebumps!!
My experience is literally opposite. Trust me, the opposite side sucks too.
Dude this just epitomizes the '24 batch of gnlu. Bhai kia toxicity hei pure batch mein. Unbelievable.
Bro are you also from the '24 batch?? I am also from it. Rightly said bro, kitna jyada toxicity hei pure batch m and th situation has worsened during the pandemic. Feel bad for students like us who have put up with these morons. Hope the situation improves!
Tbh, very average article. I do agree with the problem of toxicity though - I had it during my time as well. I stopped giving a fuck after 1-2 years. There is that saying - you dont speak before people who are too smart (so that you absorb their knowledge) or too stupid (because you will be wasting your effort by trying to impart knowledge).

@Everyone in college - you dont have to be on talking terms with every single person in your college/ batch. Give respect and demand respect. Period.
Everything was fine until that jurysout GNLU plug :/// so the jurysout team happens to be hanging out on LI to get some hits eh
Listen, you still have time, some people don't get jobs till they graduate, even post grad I've seen people getting jobs through head hunters, assessments, etc. Try to build your connection, try to get assessments in internships that you had done previously, and also, cold emailing the partners.

Dont give up just yet, keep trying! You'll be where you're meant to be.
Thank you for your kind words and superb advice.

Would definitely gonna stick to it!
Thanks a lotπŸ™πŸ™
So many law students keep asking this very same question. Corporate transactions seem an easy entry to upper middle-class income and status. All of the want some 'contact' or 'push' to get that coveted job.
All the best for your dreams.
Intriguing how you managed to get those tier 1 internships without a good placement reputation
A 11-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.