Read 53 comments as:
Filter By
Kaha gaye saare the next great resignation in Indian BigLaw vale? Aa gaya almost March, ab batao kitne A0-A2 are leaving
If you knew how law firms operate, you'd know that very few people leave in March since they'd be foregoing their bonuses. Wait for Aug/Sept.
Yes, many are leaving. You should read about how covid has changed the mindset of people. People want to move to smaller cities and lead a calm and peaceful life.

No one cares about money anymore. Satisfaction and giving back to society will take precedence.
Nice try - using a hyperbole to portray a great idea in an extreme negative/dismal way.

I have been noticing your comments on different threads, my friend. It is time to call you out. Your comment is similar to the rhetoric that all muslim women against wearing hijabs 'want to' wear bikinis.

There are may shades of grey between (A) quitting and (B) moving to smaller cities and giving back to society. You want to paint everyone who quits with the same brush - to make them look like some meek souls / soon to be sadhus. This is as far from truth as you could possibly get.

Everyone cares about the money (but to different degrees) - these kids could turn out to be future capitalists amassing disproportionate wealth.
Na Biwi Na Bachha Na Baap Bada Na Maiyan
The Whole Thing Is That Ke Bhaiya Sabse Bada Rupaiya
I thought you were going to say itna paisa kamaake with no time - there's ' no biwi, na baccha, na baap' - no family time at all - only labour and money.
Hum dono kitte velle hai na? Mai random gane ga ra hu, tum uski meaning nikalne me lage ho. At least hum dono ko to resign kar hi dena chahiye.
Associate level (Gen Z): No resignation. Bcoz Gen Z only complains and no one will else will hire these snowflakes.

Partner, PA and SA level (Gen Y): Some resignations. Bcoz they really put in hard work with no recognition. Well deserved promotions were denied.

Managing Partner level (Gen X and Boomers): No resignation as they are the owners and exploiters.
Arre uncle, pissing on others makes you feel better about yourself or what? The fact is the generation after you is doing good for itself, and you are slowly becoming redundant. Stop being pissed over the fact that the new generation is asking for their rights, while you did not have that luxury.
Unfortunately for firms, given the linear passage of time, they can either focus on attracting and retaining gen Z talent or disappear :)
Associates at CAM and SAM = Woman yelling at cat
Cyril and Shardul Shroff = Cat
Playing down the pathetic work cultures by making such stupid comments is diluting the misery of the retainers at such places.I dont know about SAM,but imo bases on the stories i have heard, CAM is supposed to be horribly nasty work environment.And the one constant complaint from the young ones with the bitter exits is they did not learn the law and ended up wasting so much time dealing with unnecessary toxic shit.The great resigbation is a constant at several of these law firms from many years and its just not funny .
A law firm promoter whose mother refuses to leave him anything in the will and use some legalese to block his own mothers will so he can snatch some assets then gets dragged to Court by his Delhi brother.I am with the Delhi cat on this who is much better than the wolf brother. while both are toxic work atmospheres one is somewhat bearable the other is filth level toxicity being unbearable.
Waiting to put my resignation papers on partner’s table. Bs wait krr bhai aur kuch din phir dekhna
Why will people leave now or put in their resignations? This will make them either lose their bonus or get a smaller one. Either makes little sense when you put so much of effort. The real resignations, if any, will start only 1 April onwards or subsequently when the bonuses are paid out.

Aise sawaal aur confidence dekh ke lag ta hai yaha sirf bewakoof bhare pare hai who just wants to push a narrative.
Bhai tu itna saga kyun ho raha hai maalik ka, alag se haddi daali thi kya tujhe? Aur bonus haath mein milne to de
Translating above comment for benefit of Non-Hindi speakers

Bro, why are you being so loyal to the master, did he throw you a bone separately? And, at least wait for me to get my bonus in my hand.
I can't quit given I haven't even been a year.

I actually like my office and the people I work so far. Its the bureaucratic nonsense that overarches the firm experience that is horrible. Things like the obsession with working from office when other firms don't even care. The institutional apathy is appalling (and since this is CAM, by institution I mean the 1-2 people running the firm).
Bhai, tu toh kuch din pehle ek thread pe bola tha ki tu student hai? Yaha pe memes ke medium se kya gyaan baat raha hai?
Many already left from my team in December. Now it's just a few people overburdened with work. This is going to cause them to leave eventually too. It's a highly interconnected cycle.
HR?CAM?AZB?...Taking stock in advance of how many resignations coming up leading to many vacancies that you would need to fill up and fast...good good
Starting off as confused with the behavior, but with time have found total admiration for the A0-A2s. Who would have thought asking for reasonable work hours, being spoken to respectfully and not disturbing on weekends would be a thing. For the last 18 years as a lawyer, starting as a intern and moving to a partner, I have always found it acceptable when I was shouted at by seniors, clients spoke rudely, had to cancel innumerable dinners with friends and family. I come from a middle class family and money was important, so was security of a 'job'. I feel proud of my achievement and able to offer things to my parents, siblings, spouse and kids which I never thought could afford and I see it makes then happy. Not all is purely monetary, but substantially it is. However, I have realized the loss of years without taking breaks or enough down time. I thank all you guys here who are demanding something that should always have been part of our professions. If I don't quit, I will definitely move to something which gives me more time for self and loved ones.
Law firms refuse to acknowledge that people also leave on account of bully SAs, PAs and partners who are downright toxic as well. Hope LI publishes this comment in full. Year after year, a good drop of people is lost to politics and to abrasive behaviour while law firms keep crying that talent is unable to be retained. If time is spent to teach and mentor people professionally, people would stay. But if everyone is required to play games to be or not to be part of the 'inner circle', this cycle won't end. Instead of concentrating on work, people would have to focus on things which don't really matter. In Indian law firms, this is all the more evident.
In our profession it should be called THE GREAT RESHUFFLE. Mostly the folks keep on moving among the same set of firms. Every now and then a few firms die and few new ones emerge. But there is no fundamental change in our lives as all firms are mostly similar.
Expecting new FY attrition in TL comp team. Lots of unsettled overworked As and SAs I hear. And then then the lack of gratitude and democracy. Cherry on the top.
Come 1st April. Law firms will be scorched dry out of talent-it'll be a sight to watch. Teams are functioning with literally one associate, one partner and one senior associate. Just wait and watch.
Bonus mil jaye bus. Uske baad will see what are they dangling in front of me.
Nothing has happened. No resignation. Everyone is sitting tight to continue their lives in track changes mode.
And no one wants to shift from 'track-changes' mode to 'change-tracks' mode.
About 10 associates have quit Nishith Desai Associates last month. I have the names but not publishing lest R might censor this comment. The firm continues to bleed profusely. The headcounts at all offices other than the Mumbai ones is now ridiculously low.
Haven’t Indian firms always seen a lot of attrition - don’t think it’s a new thing
Many associates have left or currently are on notice period. Few partners dont have a single associate.