Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
"I'm sorry but you don't meet the experience requirements."

How would I meet the experience requirement when no firm is ready to take interns without prior experience which mostly translates to not having connections?
... or not being from a good law school.

You won't face these issues if you're from a good law school.
I disagree. I'm from a T1 law school, and have a relatively good rank and a good CV (international moots, publications, organisational positions). I had to get my first corporate firm internship through a contract though. I agree that once I got that internship though, my university placement committee was helpful in getting me more internships. But very often, to get that initial experience you need contacts. The university brand value isn't enough.
Seconded. From a tier 1 law school myself and had to go through the same process.
Maybe there was something problematic about your candidature that you may not be able to discern right away. Just a thought. Maybe your experience isn't representative (or representative to the extent you might be keen to believe).

I'm from a T1 with similar a background too, and never had to use connections to get my internships. Neither did many of the others from my law school when we were still students. Not sure if things have changed but I don't think they necessarily have.

There are ways to circumvent the apathy that HR might display without having to use so called connections.
You don't, but you keep trying. That's all there is.

I got a T1 intern after trying for one year, for context I'm from a T1, have good Gpa, decent publications and other shenanigans.

You get better with each application and one day someone will see your worth. But don't stop. Connections matter but so does your willingness and hardwork, it'll pay off, and many have suggested the longer you wait and work for it the more you'll be worth. The earlier you join an organisation the more loss you'll suffer. It's a risky move, but that risk won't end your career, you can always move up.

Hope you get whatever you want.

This is the reason that a girl I liked (purportedly liked me back too) gave me to not date me; no experience.